Which 7 Seat Diesel MPV

My mate's Dad has a Sante Fe and slates it as a desperately underpowered (diesel) motor. My mate (son of) has a Toyota Landcruiser diesel commercial and apparently it kicks the backside of his Dads motor in terms of reliability & performance.

Given that the above 2 examples are worlds apart in terms of cost which is going to be a better bet, the 2.0 litre RAV4 or the Santa Fe????

i drove a Toyota Previa for a while.. great car it was 2ltr Diesel or u can get a 2.2 petrol... a new one is in the 42k range but you could easily go accross to the uk and bring back a 2 yr old one for less than 30k.be sure to check out the seat arrangement though as some of them have a bench seat in the back which actualy makes these an 8 seater.. they are worth a look though..disegard the jap imports as they are all the older model now

Just bought a new Hyundai Santa Fe - delux 7 seater - 2.2 diesel - automatic with tiptronic.

Irish times rated them the best buy for MPV's and they are priced really well at euro 45k. Think I may have gotten the last one in the country though.......until next year of course.......

Kitten said:
Just bought a new Hyundai Santa Fe - delux 7 seater - 2.2 diesel - automatic with tiptronic.

Irish times rated them the best buy for MPV's.

Huh? But it ain't a MPV?

Were looking for 7 Seat Diesel MPV : does anyone have any thing to add since the last post here last year?

ive just bought the new ford s.max 2.0ltr zetec petrol 7 seater very nice car would get titanium 2.5 turbo if had the money. the s.max is very roomy panaramic sunroof everything u might need price around 29k for 2.5turbo looks nice with bodykit and 20" wheels its not boy racey looking but looks sporty and looks like a family car, im having problems with the one ive bought now like idling and duel mass flywheel but can get sorted at garage worth still looking at though..

I've just bought the new 7-seater Citroen Picasso - I got the petrol version Dynamique listed at €29,500. The Diesel Dynamique lists at €32,500. Lots of nice Gallic touches, especially the steering, controls and displays. High roof, bright, spacious. Modest engine, but with Irish roads a bigger engine adds little value.

Has the best website I've ever seen - for any product..... [broken link removed]

Thanks for all the comments and advice.

Which is the best one for boot space (when all the seats are in use). This is for buggies, travel cots, bags etc?

Which is the best door arrangement? Ive heard people praise the Galaxy for the sliding door.

Any 7 seat smaller mpv (Grand Scenic, Corolla Verso, Picasso, and Zafira for example) will have very little luggage space when all 7 seats are being used.

Go bigger if you need the capacity.

The new Ford S-Max looks good for this type of car, has the seats and practicality and build quality. Happens to be the 2007 European car of the year. Also cheaper than the galaxy...definitel worth a look!

The new Ford S-Max looks good for this type of car, has the seats and practicality and build quality. Happens to be the 2007 European car of the year. Also cheaper than the galaxy...definitel worth a look!

Hi

I had a look at the S-Max a couple of weeks ago. I read that it is the same as the GAlaxy but sportier and cheaper. I did not like the interior. I thought the dash was plasticky and cheap looking. Fake chrome looked like the kind of finish you'd get on a Power Ranger doll. (not that I have one)

Slim

had a Trajet diesel about 3 years ago. The interior was hard to keep and the floor carpet went hairy like.

Driving a Mitsubishi Grandis at the monent 1.9 diesel, six speed. Before buying we looked at virtually all the models on the market and this one met all our requirements. Good passanger space with the best access to the back seats and a decent boot for the car footprint

we got the 2.0 diesel Sol spec Corolla Verso 2yrs old about a month ago

like hens teeth but the wife loves it

as a 7 seater though its rubbish as you have no boot and back seats are for kids

I'd agree with therave, the Previa diesel would be a very sound buy if you can get one

Driving a Mitsubishi Grandis at the monent 1.9 diesel, six speed.
Thats interesting I hadnt considered Mitsubishi - I dont see many dealerships around as I travel the country.

2.0 diesel Sol spec Corolla Verso ......
as a 7 seater though its rubbish as you have no boot and back seats are for kids.

Yes, thats the main reason we are ruling out the Corolla Verso.

Had a Ford Galaxy 2.3 petrol before, great car but was difficult to sell on due to it being 2.3L Petrol, switched to an Opel Zafira, did a job for me but not exactly the job I wanted in the end, also had some 'environmental control failure' which could not be fixed, seats are NOT as flexible as they make out to be, back seat is a SOLID unit unlike the Galaxy, Sharan or Alhambra which all have individual, removable seats. Switched to a Seat Alhambra then, would highly recommend them, 1.9 Diesel, is a geat little car. Houses 4 kids, 2 adults a dog, double buggy and weekly shopping with one seat removed. Haven't had a days bother with it thankfully. Had a Trajet on loan during the car service, 2L petrol,drank juice it did AND I found that 2 of the baby seats I had would not fit properly into the 3rd row seats. I have 4 kids under 6 so need 3 car seats and 1 booster...!!! Am considering switching again and am looking at both Seat's and jeep type cars simply because of my location and Alhambra's suspension is taking a hammering, however it has not failed.. any recommendations on a 7 seater low cc's jeep types...?

We got a new 07 1.8Tdci Galaxy Zetec in March - beautiful car. Came after 3 x Scenics - great cars, but I just couldn't do a 4th one....

By the time you add in the price of the extra row of seats, you'll have spent the price of the Galaxy in the S-Max. Both weigh the exact same - 2505kg, so there is no weight or fuel penalty. Ours averages 41mpg on the usual mix of school runs/work (5 miles each way). A lot, lot lighter on long runs......

Having said all that, even though it's that new........we've decided to sell it. My wife has found it too big for parking where she works - city centre. Other than that it's a beaut.

So, pm me if ye want on 07 car at 06 prices, as they say.........

If you need to have the 3rd row of seats up, then you need to step up to the bigger MPV's....

an alternative would be a Land Rover Discovery....as far as I know they are/were available in 7 seats...you should be able to pick up a '03 for your budget

if an mpv is your taste, then stick with the popular models...(Galaxy/Alhambra/Previa/Avensis)

If longevity is your priority, then these will work, whereas I don't think the French equivalents will last the course

We got a new 07 1.8Tdci Galaxy Zetec in March - beautiful car. Came after 3 x Scenics - great cars, but I just couldn't do a 4th one....

By the time you add in the price of the extra row of seats, you'll have spent the price of the Galaxy in the S-Max. Both weigh the exact same - 2505kg, so there is no weight or fuel penalty. Ours averages 41mpg on the usual mix of school runs/work (5 miles each way). A lot, lot lighter on long runs......

Having said all that, even though it's that new........we've decided to sell it. My wife has found it too big for parking where she works - city centre. Other than that it's a beaut.

So, pm me if ye want on 07 car at 06 prices, as they say.........

Ouch. You'll get hammered on this sale.

Back