Which 40" LCD ???

What sales clerk? this is my opinion i have yet to see a Sony tv that has equal picture quality as any Panasonic.the best picture quality you will get will be on a Panasonic Plasma tv.Poor black levels are still a major problem with Lcds which were originally designed as computer monitors hence there very high brightness levels.

My 28'CRT died today(funeral takes place tmrow, open casket don't you know), so I took harvey norman up on their offer of a loan LCD until the KDL-40W4500 comes in stock. Fair play to Harvey!!(so far anyway)

Harvey-N got back to me this morning(as he said he would yesterday) and said that sony-centres too are experiencing delays and that I should have mine by mid-November.
He also said he would approach the Sony rep he deals with to see if he could get one in any sooner.
Now I don't know how long I'm prepared to wait but I'll give Harvey-N another go and see what happens.

Well, I'm delighted to say that the customer service from Harvey Norman is spot on. They rang me this morning to confirm that they will have my TV by early next week - bring it on and thanks HARVEY for the update!!!

Well, I'm delighted to say that the customer service from Harvey Norman is spot on. They rang me this morning to confirm that they will have my TV by early next week - bring it on and thanks HARVEY for the update!!!

Well the TV was delivered a week later - Nov 28th - and it is a cracker.
Delighted with customer service from Harvey Norman -

You're gonna be delighted with it, I bought one as well after talking about it on here.
Bought mine from the Sony Centre a few weeks ago and got a blu ray player included for 1499e. If you don't already have a blu ray player you MUST invest, its just amazing. Although I'm still waiting on Sky HD, ordered last month & install date is 19th December :(

I would advise waiting until after xmas and buy this TV online or up North. It may be available for around the €1K mark then.

im still confused as im going to buy an lcd at xmas and not sure which 1 to buy

Saw this in Musgraves cash & Carry on thursday.

40 inch Sony Bravia LCD TV Model KDL-40L4000

599 plus vat

Reduced from €939+vat

You're gonna be delighted with it, I bought one as well after talking about it on here.
Bought mine from the Sony Centre a few weeks ago and got a blu ray player included for 1499e. If you don't already have a blu ray player you MUST invest, its just amazing. Although I'm still waiting on Sky HD, ordered last month & install date is 19th December :(

Well Brian76 you are quite right - the KDL 40W4500 is well worth the money. I too got a free Blu-Ray player and I am blown away by the quality.

As above, have Sky and find it fine. Obviously they are nothing like a HD source but perfectly acceptable to watch.

I'm counting down the days (dec 19th) to Sky+HD though, Christmas is coming early for me this year.

best price i have found in the sony shop today is £999 for the sony KDL-40W4500 with 5 year guarantee included.
anyone out there found a better offer on this telly to share ? i am going to go back to the shop next week to try and negotiate getting a free blue ray player thrown in !

Just one tip , if you a are a teletext addict like me....

Ask if the TV you are buying has split screen ................ I mean tv pictures at one side and text on the other .............

Some Tv's have this and it is brilliant

Back