Where's the best European beach you've ever been on and why?

Magnificent Gerakas beach in Zante (Zakynthos) - you get to swim with the turtles if you're lucky. No 'facilities' - just as nature made it.

Off season, Papagaya beach in the south of Lanzarote. Again no 'facilities'.

Any other suggestions?

Tarifa, at the southern most tip of Spain, you can see the Atlas mountains of Africa and it's where the Atlantic Ocean meets the Mediterranean, Sand is golden, just bliss.

The nicest beach we were ever on was in Sardinia, not sure of the name of it as it was on a trip from a cruise ship, pure white sand

Any beach along the Atlantic coast in France - miles of wonderful white clean sand, with fantastic surf alongside. All beaches kept very clean by French authorities - try Moliets plage, Hossegor, Cap Breton - to name a few.

Another vote for Tramore - miles of sand , great views & magnificent sand hills at the far end.

Achill Island ; such a lack of pollution compared to Dublin and on a sunny day it rivals anywhere in the world minus the sharks, mosquitoes and other pests.

Various amazing beaches in Croatia . Zero pollution to worry about especially compared to more industrialized Italy.

In my opinion the best beach would be Praia de Batata in Lagos Portugal as it is in the centre of town beautiful sandy beach ,wonderful rock formations, what more could one wish for?

Beach we enjoyed most was in Northern Spain, cant remember the name.

All 5 of us then had a wonderful time in the large waves that filled your swim suits with stones from the beach. It was almost impossible to get on your feet with the rough waves.
The nicest beach we were on was in the Bahamas, beautiful white warm sand and turquoise
water. BB Q on beach, local fish and other local produce. Wonderful. Browtal

Achill Island ; such a lack of pollution compared to Dublin and on a sunny day it rivals anywhere in the world minus the sharks, mosquitoes and other pests.
I was in Keem Bay this afternoon, where both sky and sea were the most wonderful blue. A family or large group of about 30 people of all ages swam and played football on the beach.
A nice site on April 1st..

Zlatni Rat beach on the island of Croatia - for the most unusual beach with stunning views.
Dubrovnik beach - for the gorgeous view of Dubrovnik city walls.
Alvor in Portugal - for miles of golden sand with lovely restaurants along the way, and a little marina at the far end.

Zlatni Rat beach on the island of Croatia - for the most unusual beach with stunning views.

I think you mean Zlatni Rat on the Island of Brac, Croatia.

Yes. I agree. It is one of the best beaches in Europe. Been there twice before. Going again this year.

Back