Where would i buy a saddle board

deedee80

I got a new bathroom put in upstairs and the tiler removed the saddle board without checking. We have them on all the other doors meeting the carpet and don't really want to have to replace them all so would like to find something similar to whats there. The bathroom tiles don't come far enough out to meet the carpet so we will have to put in a new one. I went to a carpet/wood floor shop and they don't stock them. The old saddle board can't be reused. Any advice appreciated - thanks!
I'm based in Dublin.

Last edited:
Any builders' providers will stock timber saddle boards, usually in parana pine or a hardwood (sapele being the most common hardwood variety I think).

A local joinery will probably make one up to match what you already have if you have no success in buying a suitable one.

as carpenter said you can get them in any builders providers. they come in long lengths and you just cut them to size. rough cost iirc is about 10-15 per length. im not a fan of them but they are certainly preferable to those brass strips and probably a good idea in a bathroom. if you silicone the saddle to the tiles it will act as barrier against splashes/wet from your tiles seeping into the hallway your carpet.

Supposing you put in a brass strip and then cut down the saddle to fit. This would be the norm. If you don't like the strip ...... then a cut down saddle ..... with some planing underneath if needed - to bring it down to tiles.

Back