Where to stop on n4 Dublin to Sligo

annR

We travel this route regularly. When we are stopping for coffee we stop in McDonalds on the roundabout at Longford, but when we need a proper lunch I've struggled to find somewhere to stop (don't want eat in McD's). It's too much of a detour to go into Longford town. We tried the Landmark hotel in Carrick on Shannon but I found (as with a lot of hotels at the mo) that they don't really do lunch, they have sort of bar / cafe type menu and it takes them ages to serve up soup and sandwich. I need somewhere handy for a family to make a quick lunch stop - any tips?

Thanks that's great, just checked with them and they do a carvery lunch every day. Looks really close to n4 too.

How about Fureys, Moyvalley - its a fantastic spot for lunch or dinner but perhaps a bit too near Dublin for your journey??

I'd highly recommend it and if banoffi is on the dessert list make sure to have it.

Would highly recommend Coxs in dromad...steak is excellent and good prices
[broken link removed]

the Roadhouse on the N4 bypass of Mullingar looks comfortable. Had a steak there once and was nice.

Hi
Thanks for replies. Moyvalley is a bit close to Dublin but still good to know about. Cox's in Dromad could be a goer.
Roadhouse on Mullingar bypass, never even noticed it but will keep an eye out!
A

Hi
Thanks for replies. Moyvalley is a bit close to Dublin but still good to know about. Cox's in Dromad could be a goer.
Roadhouse on Mullingar bypass, never even noticed it but will keep an eye out!
A

Its a black facade pub on the left as you are going to dublin on the n4 bypASS. I think its called roadhouse.

The Oarsman in Carrick is just around the corner from Landmark & is excellent at lunchtime.

Back