Where to stick it?

D

Discrepancy

Hi,

I am currently in the process of saving for a house. I have saved 22k in a year. However, i am not receiving any interest on this. When i set up the account i assumed that it would as i told the bank (aib) that i would not be touching it for a least 18 months. I may be being cynical but i am going with the line that they didnt advise me on interest accounts so that they could get it? In any way, where should i put my savings and what savings account should i look for considering that i will be moving for a house after june/july when the slump arrives!

Thanks

Where to stick it?
Funny - but...

Don't expect independent, objective advice from the tied sales staff of any particular bank. Have a look at the for details of the best rates for lump sum and regular savings deposits.

However, i am not receiving any interest on this. When i set up the account i assumed that it would as i told the bank (aib) that i would not be touching it for a least 18 months.
I don't fully understand this. They they suggest a product for you that returns no (or little) interest? Or did you just inform them you wouldn't be touching it for 18 months on opening a savings account?
Either way, it's not up to them to tell you what to do, it's your decision to make.

AIB have a regular savings account which you could put further savings into... lots of other similiar products around. Check out CMs link above and it'll provide lots of options.

As for "when the slump arrives".... I'm not sure whether to ask to borrow your crystal ball, request an e-mail a week in advance or just shake my head at that one.

Back