Where to stay, what to do in Hawaii?

cobra75

Hey

Anybody been to Hawaii recently?
Can you recommend a swish place to stay that isn't extortionately priced?!
The two of us are gonna be there mid-October for about 3 days.
Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers and thanks!

Cobra

I would recommend the Kannapali ( not 100% sure of the spelling ) Beach hotel in Maui, on its west coast. Great hotel, Hawaiian theme and not too expensive ( by Hawaiian standards ). Beautiful island, really friendly genuine people. Brilliant holiday, best holiday my wife and I ever had.

There's a Holiday Inn in Waikiki (Honolulu, Oahu). Don't know the price off hand but a quick check on their website suggests $100 a night (October mid-week). It's about 15 min walk to Waikiki beach. There's the Hilton which is right on the beach. Even if you don't manage to book it it's worth walking around. All manner of wildlife walking around the hotel. And I'm not talking about the people. Flamingos, turtles, penguins and lots more. Dead posh gaff.

You'll have to go to Pearl Harbour. If you're into scuba then you'll have to go to [broken link removed].

You should spend some time with Google Earth. It's a good way to find your way around before going and they have all of the info (hotels, restaurants, recreation) on Hawaii.

Thanks for the info guys.
Methinks that we only have a few days so we don't want to spend most of that getting connections between the islands so we will stay in Oahu - had a look at the hotels around Waikiki - hard to make a choice given the sheer amount of them!
The info will help!

Cheers

I am afraid that I am piggy backing on Cobra 75's posting as will be in hawaii for about 1 weeks holiday after a conference in late September. Will be based on hononlulu for the conference, hope to go see some stuff in the evenings. However my partner will then arrive as the conference eds. Would you adivse staying on Oahu for the week or going somehwere else for a few days too?

thanks,

Muzzy.

Back