where to sell second hand books

sob

Whilst completing a clean out of my attic, I have a number of boxes of college books that I want to get rid of. Obviously I don't want to just throw them onto the dump, and if possible make a few quid for them. Any ideas of any shops that would pay for these books, all in excellent condition and some are still in wrapping. I am in Dublin.

If not then any charity shops that accept books (not novels) but college books.

Chapters, in Middle Abbey St (beside Arnotts) will probably buy them off you.

If they are recent enough, why not advertise in the college bookshop?

If you are giving them away, your local library will probably be keen to accept the text books ... alternatively Oxfam seem to do a good trade in books, you could give them a shout.

The bookshop in UCD takes secondhand books. They put a value on them, sell them over time, give money to you while keeping a percentage.

Chapters on Abbey street is quite good as well, they have second hand college books downstairs,

Libraries will not accept second hand books - i recently offered quite a few recent top sellers to my local library and they said they couldn't accept them. Ridiculous really, it would save them a fortune!

Chapters will only accept college books if they are the latest edition.........you say you found these during a cleanout of the attic so I imagine they have been there a while. Your best bet is probably a charity at this stage as if the books are not recent editiont then you won't sell them.

Back