Where to sell a gold ring?

Conshine

I bought a 22ct gold ring about 10 years ago. Its quite a decorative piece, but I never wore it, its just sitting at home.
I paid about €200 for it then, its value will have increased quite a bit over that time.
I dont want to go to one of those cash for gold places, they will just rip me off, plus I am not desparate for the money, I just want to sell it it.
Where can I sell it to get its actual worth?
Any thoughts?

I have the receipt and certificate, so its all above board.

I bought a 22ct gold ring about 10 years ago. Its quite a decorative piece, but I never wore it, its just sitting at home.
I paid about €200 for it then, its value will have increased quite a bit over that time.
I dont want to go to one of those cash for gold places, they will just rip me off, plus I am not desparate for the money, I just want to sell it it.
Where can I sell it to get its actual worth?
Any thoughts?

I have the receipt and certificate, so its all above board.

I have been considering similar activity. There are a number of antique dealers around Francis street in Dublin that I would consider, but I have not done so yet so can't vouch for any. Ads in Irish Independent regularly promoting jewellery sales.

Avoid the "We Buy Gold" pop-up shops / stalls in shopping centres , they give a very poor rate.
Any reputable jeweller/goldsmith will give you a free valuation and advice on selling.

While the value of gold has increased significantly, the value of your ring may not have, as styles and tastes change.

They will buy the ring for the gold ,e.g. melt it, so design/style should not matter.

Thanks for this thread. I have a gold bracelet I keep intending to sell an d woul have gone for the high street places It dates to 1965.

Back