Where to go on holidays?

Niall M

Cant decide where to go this year, have 2 1/2 weeks in July. Looking for some sun but not 2 weeks in the sun. Did egypt a few years ago, something like that is what im looking for, spent a week on the beach and did the nile cruise. Any ideas......please...........

Asia... all countries are great. Thailand is fab, but I believe Cambodia and Vietnam are great too. Very cheap once you get there too. Dinner for €3 (or less), a beer for less than a €1 etc.

is where we are planning to go in three years (Florida this year, Ireland next and then Botswana the following).

is where we are planning to go in three years (Florida this year, Ireland next and then Botswana the following).

Bloody hell you plan ahead!

What are you having for dinner on the 24th of September? ;)

Seriously, Botswana is supposed to be a great place.

Bloody hell you plan ahead!

What are you having for dinner on the 24th of September? ;)

Seriously, Botswana is supposed to be a great place.

We all must have out dreams... after I get back from Botswana I will conduct a steamy affair with Angelina Jolie.

We all must have out dreams... after I get back from Botswana I will conduct a steamy affair with Angelina Jolie.

Sounds good - we'll need some guidance (meself and Ange) on how best to proceed with our affair - so it would be great if you could conduct. :D

Anyway, apart from the many tourist/cultural attractions, isn't Botswana notable for it's relative solvency and by it's historical lack of internal strife/conflict?

Edit: Sorry Niall.

Getting interested in Botswana myself now!

I'd second Thailand. What about South Africa? Cheap too.

Anyway, apart from the many tourist/cultural attractions, isn't Botswana notable for it's relative solvency and by it's historical lack of internal strife/conflict?
Yes, Botswana, along with Senegal it is held up as an African success story. It's hard to get good history books on it in this country though.

was thinking of south africa alright, or the states. kinda distracted now thinking of the affair with angelina...

the states

Pretty much endless possibilities there. If you keep to the East coast it will keep costs and journey time lower. New York state alone offers plenty - NYC, upstate, Catskills, adventure excursions...

Back