Where to get snow boards?

D8Lady

I saw some people playing in the snow on what looked liked plastic shovels. They sat on the shovel bit and held onto the handle while sliding down hills -looked like great fun.

Any ideas where I can get one, or similar snow toys - I want to go play.:)

Take the trucks [wheels and steering blocks] off a skateboard?

We have experts around here who just use a bin liner.

They have well-padded posteriors admittedly...

:)

ONQ

I remember years ago I used to go down a snowy hill on an old upturned car bonnet with a bit of rope as 'reins'. Not the safest probably but jaysus it was fast I can tell you. Nearly lost all my teeth with the vibration though.

I remember years ago I used to go down a snowy hill on an old upturned car bonnet with a bit of rope as 'reins'. Not the safest probably but jaysus it was fast I can tell you. Nearly lost all my teeth with the vibration though.

old fertiliser bags for us..10-10-20 or something :D Those were the days !!

We have one, brought it back from a skiing holiday (cost about €3 or 4). Unfortunately, there are no hills near us & I'm not risking driving somewhere !!!

Bin liners generally do the job just as well

we used to go down on the bin lids - the old round ones - I don't suppose anybody has these anymore with wheelie bins. Otherwise good strong plastic bag

Bags are probably the safest option and steer/slide clear of trees. I'm sure there are numerous and more recent stories such as this one out there.

Last edited:
Any big roasting trays in the house? If a large turkey will sit on one, so will most small to medium sized asses!

The baby bath or the lid off a tin of Victoria biscuits used to be our vehicle of choice!!!

you can't beat a big black plastic bag - kiddie can sit on it, hold the sides of it, roll around in it as they're pumelled through the downward slopes and really enjoy it. Cheapest is best!

Back