Where to get new railway sleepers

CD2005

Hi,
Just wondering if anyone knows any garden centres around dublin, kildare or meath that have the new type of railway sleepers.

Thanks

There are several threads on this issue already. Not sure what you mean by "new" sleepers but bear in mind that used ones may be a toxin risk (creosote/carcinogens) and I think that their sale has been curtailed or banned recently.

I have checked through the treads, plenty of talk about them but cant find anyone recommending where to get them....

I mean the new type that are now available that dont contain toxin's which is what most garden centres are selling.

I mean the new type that are now available that dont contain toxin's which is what most garden centres are selling.

look at iwantagarden, on there he has the suppliers that they use and they have used some sleepers in there shows i remember there is a supply place too south of pollyhops near newcastle just opp the hospital out there that has a large selection of stuff can't remember the name though

The place near Polly Hops is called Allscape. They supply all the landscape gardeners, but the public can buy too. We dont get the same trade prices as the contractors, but there is considerable savings on plants/sleepers etc over what you would pay in one of the bigger garden centres. I got a bay tree for €67.00 and saw the same in one of the bigger garden centres for €140.

any update on where i can get these lads? and how much? i'm interested in buying about 10 sleepers over the weekend, without the creosote. north dublin would be ideal, but can drive over to the southside if need be.

Hi,
We got ours in allscape but we could have gotton them cheaper in celbridge garden centre. When we talked prices i didn't realise they were ex VAT!!! where as the garden centres quote it with VAT included.
Allscape had a green colour, a brown colour and the the origional sleeper so plenty of choice but you'll save a few quid going to a local garden centre.

Ring Cleary's in Kilcock. I got sleepers there for €25 each and delivered for €20. They are mostly used but are in good condition. You will need to go there and pick out the ones you want.

bought 10 on saturday in beech vista on north road finglas. €37 each, dark brown colour no creosote

hey get real ring the railway ( iron road erring) in limerick or tipp not sure for half nothing .

Ive looked around a few places and "cherry orchard builders merchants", underneath cherry orchard clubhouse opposite lidl at the top of ballyfermot quoted me 27 euros each for new sleepers. They are the brand new ones, brown coloured no creosite, look the biz! Garden center near me were looking for 40 for the same ones! Reckon Ill go with them!

Disband De GAA!

The Shed Man, O'Kelly's Sawmills do them up near the Hell Fire Club (Dublin Mountains off Rathfarnam).

Back