Where to get air bags installed?

ivorystraws

OK, a Daewoo lanus van needs new airbags installed and my regular Daewoo Garage won't do it so does anyone know anyone that would and a rough estimate of how much it would cost?

Any help is much appreciated, thanks.

I'm sorry I can't give you the name of someone, but I've heard no-one is prepared to do it because it's cheaper to buy a new car!

It's the same story if a car is stolen or crashed. If the airbags pop out then it's classed a write-off as it's too expensive to replace/fit airbags.

Yea, I've heard exactly the same thing! But the van wasn't a write-off... far from it but it did cause enough of an impact for the air bags to activate.

Just thought I'd ask anyway, thanks.

just to carify this did your airbags go off or is your car just not fitted with them if they were just deployed is is not rocket science to repair just takes a couple of hours and maybe module reprogramming

Yes, the air bags became activated when the car tipped the back of another van. New airbags have been purchased and I'm just wondering who can/would replace the new airbags and roughly how much would it cost?

Gadget man - you seem to have driven loads of different cars, withn loads of problems (8 different posts, different cars - all fixed by the same gagage???). I reckon we should avoid the garage as your cars seem to be jinxed.

I reckon this is advertising and have reported it

Based in Dublin... will it cost a fortune 'cos I reckon the car/van is only worth about 2.5k max!?

if you want to spin it by my garage i can price it for you,just have to check exactly what went off like air bags /pretensioners an module i,l pm my number if you want

Back