where to buy office furniture at reasonable price?

jph

I have taken on the challenge of setting up a small voluntary organisation and am trying to set up an office - I have the space but now need to furnish it.

Does anyone know where to source office furniture at reasonable or sale rates? Someone mentioned to me that sometimes banks/businesses offer second hand furniture for sale but I don't know where to start. I have looked on ebay and in an Irish context there isn't much available.

I only need the basics - within a very small budget!

Hi jph

Contact the companies which sell new furniture - especially contract fitters.

Their clients usually scrap their old furniture and so would be delighted to give it away for free.

Brendan

There's a furniture/antiques shop at Portobello bridge in Rathmines that has a large amount of second hand office furniture for sale.

Hi jph

Contact the companies which sell new furniture - especially contract fitters.

Their clients usually scrap their old furniture and so would be delighted to give it away for free.

Brendan

I'd second this as a good idea.

Believe me, if you're on the other side of the fence trying to dispose of unwanted office furniture, you'll find it has almost no value. In fact, you almost have to pay to have it taken away. All you need to do is find someone in that position.

Thank you all so much for your helpful suggestions.

I will let you know how I get on.

Back