Where to Buy Large Suitcase Cheaply ?

whiz

Hi Guys,
Where can you buy a large 4 wheel suitcase cheaply ? This is not for carry on purposes.

Any response appreciated

Wardow.com - Samsonite bargains or use Amazon where they are dearer. I got 2 secure spinners recently.

We bought one for a recent trip to China from TK Maxx. Flew with Etihad Business Class. Case was unusable after our flight back home. Extending handles smashed. Etihad won't entertain replacement. Paid €5k for flights, looking for €65 refund for case.

So it's either a poor case from TK Maxx or terrible handling by Etihad. Either way I won't be doing business with either again.

Today, in HomeStore & More, they were selling 4 wheel check in cases, one weighed 4kg and the smaller one 2.9kg. Hardshell, plastic finish. Also had same size in cloth finish. The smaller case was €32.50. It was bigger than cabin luggage. See here.. https://www.homestoreandmore.ie/travel

Guineys sell cheap suitcases. Not sure about four wheels. I’ve a couple of those that have lasted very well. I was tempted recently by a better quality one from Dunnes and first flight it was damaged by Ryanair. Wouldn’t dream of trying to get my money back on it. Suitcases get damaged all the time by travel.

and first flight it was damaged by Ryanair. Wouldn’t dream of trying to get my money back on it. Suitcases get damaged all the time by travel.

Why not? If I purchased a brand new case and it was damaged on it's maiden flight I would look for my money back. Do you have that attitude to everything or just suitcases?

I expect my suitcase to get damaged. That’s why. The guys throwing them around have no time for worrying about damage. It’s a fact of air travel. And I accept that.

In any case my life is worth more not engaging with Ryanair. But at least they’re not as bad as banks.

Plus my new now damaged suitcase is better for traveling through airports.

Back