Where to buy in Dublin 15

Hi

If you are not limiting yourself to Dublin 15 I would suggest Lucan. I have lived there for six years now and am very happy there I have to say!! I am in Hillcrest a quiet mature estate very close to the village and shops and within your budget too!! Commuting via car to town is not worth it but the 25x or 66x service is pretty good and will get you to town in about 45 minutes!! No management company either and the estate is kept well!!

Anyway best of luck anyway!!

Hi there another area - not to far from where you are is the Waterville complex.

I have lived there for 5 years and love it - it is very convenient for town, shops, airport etc. Never experienced any hassle

Definately would opt for over st Mocta's, charnwood, portersgate, ongar, clonee etc....

Glenville, Delwood and that area are much more established and sought after area's and therefore much more expensive.

Paddy

Mocta's, charnwood, portersgate, ongar, clonee etc

Buy at transport hub
Ongar & Clonee - agree with Paddy
Portersgate - beside Clonsilla Railway Station (and 1 stop awat from Metro hub, see below) - Don't agree.
Mochta's is beside Coolmine station, which is at top of Delwood Road (5 min walk)and the probably new station (5 min walk) where the Metro crosses the Maynooth rail line. - Dont Agree
Charnwood 10 mins walk from hub and 15 min walk from Clonsilla and Coolmine stations - Don't agree

AND - Mochtas and Charnwood (and Clonee in general) == NO maintenance Fees!!

Hi, does anyone know about whately hall (archers wood) in Clonee - what's the area like. I am viewing apts there next week? Thanks

Transport hubs & close to amenities is a great benefit to consider when buying.
Don't forget the new rail and station is under construction in Ongar now, and with the proximity to schools (primary x 2 + secondary under construction), shops and directly on the 39 bus route it's shaing up.
Ongar is a very pleasant place to live, with great walking routes for a stroll with friends or the buggy. The tennis courts and kiddies park are almost finished and less than 5 minutes stroll from anywhere in the area. I live in Ongar and would highly recommend it. Especially if you are in one of the "mews" that have about 30 houses or less, they are very quiet and you will get to know your neighbours very easily.
I understand prices are very competitive for houses on sale around Ongar at the moment, so you could do well.

Hope this helps Gazzer.

I think Mochta's looks very neglected. Appears to be a lot of rented houses in the estate and no effort made to plant trees/flowers etc.

Re Mochta's - agree about some of it but some of it is still very nice, well maintained and quiet. Would agree with earlier posters - try to choose somewhere within walking distance of a railway station - for Coolmine and Clonsilla stations that covers a multitude of types and sizes of homes. Anywhere near to Coolmine station is in easy walking distance of the B-Centre, Tesco on Roselawn, local amenities & is probably well enough established.

You can cycle from Coolmine/Carpenterstown into the city in about 30 mins, via Phoenix Park, which is a great way to get to work.

what about summerseat clonee.great new development there, pass it on my way to work every day.

You pass by it every day on the way to work? Strange, you actually lived there a few weeks ago when you posted this:

ive been living in summerseat clonee(clonee/lucan road) for over a year now.

and while describing the benefits of the place, you also said this about some other apartments in Clonee (Ard Cluain):

i live close to this block.recently i heard that fingal county council have bought up a heap of these apts.not been biased but ggod knows what they could throw in there.builder went bust, banks own it now

Vested interest perhaps?

If looking at Dublin 15 still, Littlepace in Clonee is nice and no management fees.

If your not limiting yourself to Dublin 15 then Lucan, Leixlip, Ashbourne Celbridge, Rathcoole are all nice areas not to far away.

Hi There
You shoudnt label all castle curragh the same ,as ye said these scumbags ran in to the other estate,i think i know which estate your on about .

Back