Where to buy house within 1 hour commute of Dublin

rheinie

A friend of mine is moving to work in dublin .Has a little over 300k to spend on a House ( property).Was thinking of Newbridge etc that sorf of location where it may be possible to get to city centre either by car or public transport within 1 hour .Is it possible to buy a house for that sort of money in any of these locations.Anyone got any suggestions as to what locations they should start looking in .Thanks for any suggestions or reply.

Re: Where to buy house within 1 hour commute of Dubli

Lucan or some parts of Mulhuddart and Blanchardstown, but I couldn't be sure. Look at the diffferent property agents websites, Remax, Property Partners etc.

Re: Where to buy house within 1 hour commute of Dubli

Tyrellstown, Ongar and Clonee, all Dublin 15

Athy is c 40 miles from Dublin and you can still get some semi-d property there from under €270k. I have just acquired one there and as this was a new property I am also able to reclaim over €35k as a VAt rebate, reducing my mortgage needs even further! PM me if you require any further details on either of the above.

parts of finglas are quite nice and very accessible to town-fast buslane to town shopping and all that. one of the few affordable places close to the city centre left (only 5 miles from dublin)

Lucan blanch etc. are all nice areas the problem lies when you hit the m50 in the morning.

my tuppence...

Good point ADK, depending on where you're going the M50 is a trial, esp out of Mulhuddart. My folks live in the old village and the church road to the bridge is just a sold line of metal in the morning.

Louth is a nice option, on either side of Drogheda or even out around Louth village (plus it's beautiful there). But again you've the motorway hitch depending on where you're going.

Try Clane - about 19 miles from Dublin city centre - approx. 6/7 miles past Naas - some lovely new developments there within your price range.

Balbriggan could be an option too, the train to city centre is 45-50 mins. It's 25 miles, and motorway all the way to the Port tunnel.
There's a Bus Eireann and Dublin Bus service. It's only 35 mins drive to city centre with no traffic, or 1hr 15 at the height of rush hour.

Back