Where to buy baby stuff

whatever about anything else dont use a 2nd hand car seat because you can't be sure it hasn't been in an accident

I agree 100% with this piece of advice. Unless the seat is a hand-me-down from someone you know for sure who has never had that seat involved in an accident, please, please, PLEASE buy a new seat for your child. A babyseat is designed to take the impact in a crash. While it may look perfectly fine, the strength of the seat is compromised if it has been involved in an accident. I know that new baby seats can be expensive, but isn't it a small price to pay to protect your child?

We used a combination of these two places which are across from each other on the Long Mile Road: BabyFarm for Cot Beds, Nursery Bedding etc ( ) and Euro Baby for Prams ( http://www.eurocycles.ie )

Can anyone give me reccomendations for places to buy gear for babies, eg buggies, bottles, bouncers etc. I know there are loads of places out there, but where is the best value for money. I have no interest in the boutique type places that do the designer prams!! Either in ROI or NI please or online...

Try Hugz Babystore in Clondalkin for sheer value for money, [broken link removed]

Check out the new store in Dublin, Hugz Babystore. There on the Naas Road beside the Green isle Hotel. [broken link removed] they have a surprising amount of quality items at very good prices!!!

Sounds like the guy above might be connected to that company!

Has anyone any experience of going to the North to buy stuff (prams etc)? And if so, where did you go? A quick look at the websites of companies like Mothercare and Mamas & Papas shows that their Euro/Sterling exchange rate isn't particularly favourable.

BF, we have a baby son and we bought his cot (incl. matress) and a 3in1 (incl. car seat) buggy from EuroBaby on Longmile Rd. The buggy was priginally priced at €879.99 and we got it for €389.99 in the January sales. Cot and matress were €229.00 in January sales too. I have no complaints about either.

Also, I now buy all our sons clothes in Penenys. They are very good quality, wash really well and he groes out of them in a matter of weeks anyway.

I got the high chair, playpen, stair gates and a few other safety bits and bobs in Smyths Toys. I don't know if these items were the cheapest there but I paid less than I was anticipating to pay for the lot so happy with that.

We are on the second steriliser and set of bottles now. The first lot (Avent) which were leaky and horrible were accidentally incenerated in the microwave and I got Boots own brand for repalcement. I couldn't recommend Boots own brand baby stuff more - love their nappies, bottles, beakers, etc.

If you are expecting (and still have a little bit of time to spare), don't buy loads of stuff. Get the essentials before the baby arrives and then get stuff as you need it. I never realised that it was such a huge industry which prays on scared mothers-to-be. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or ask here.

Back