Where should I buy?

L

learoy

Hi all

I am currently thinking of buying a 2 bed apartment in Dublin.I am a first time buyer and I have a budget of about 300-330,000. I am buying to live in the property and as an investment to sell again in about 4/5years.

I am currently thinking of buying in Citywest, Rathcoole or Saggart area mainly because, this is an area I can afford and the proposed luas line and shopping centre once finished could increase the value of property in that area?
Another option is to buy in Lucan or Adamstown area.

Or another option is to buy in a different city eg Cork and rent it out and continue to rent myself in Dublin in an area that has easier access to CityCentre and work.

I need some advice as to where people think the best place is to buy that will yield a good profit after a few years??

Thank you in advance
Regards
LR

Re: Where should I buy??

For €330,000 as your total budget, I'd say that you will do well to get a 2-bed apartment in most areas in Dublin, especially near a LUAS line.

learoy said:
Or another option is to buy in a different city eg Cork and rent it out and continue to rent myself in Dublin in an area that has easier access to CityCentre and work.

Are you aware that you would have to pay the full rate of stamp duty if you are not an owner occupier?

Re: Where should I buy??

It would be a lot of hassle to keep tags on the Cork property if you are in Dublin.

IMHO as the Luas will most likely go to Citywest it seems the best option. This should add to the value.

Rathcoole and Saggart are nice areas also but the Luas would give Citywest an edge over them.

Back