Where is the help for those paying their mortgages?

I don't think I ever said that people shouldn't be helped at all.

My point was more that why should the family in Kate10's post be more entitled to a hand-out than a family who are paying all their bills but finding it tough to do so.

Why should we wait until things are at rock-bottom before we decide that people need a helping hand

Do we need to keep mentioning negative equity in every example?

Surely if you aren't selling your house, this doesn't enter into the equation?
The main requirement is that you can pay your monthly mortgage. This is not linked to the value of your house.

Do we need to keep mentioning negative equity in every example?

Surely if you aren't selling your house, this doesn't enter into the equation?
The main requirement is that you can pay your monthly mortgage. This is not linked to the value of your house.

No, but you don't have the safeguard that if you lose your job and have spent all your savings, you can sell the house and rent for a while/move in with family because you can't afford the mortgage.

SO she's earning say €2k per month. Food, light and heat, clothing, school expenses and general expenses for a family of four - say €1400 per month. Leaving €600 per month to pay for car loan, credit card and mortgage.
Why do you single out the mortgage repayments in this scenario? Why not require the ESB to halve its prices, Supermarkets to halve their prices etc. etc.

What about the many people who were misled to thinking that we had well regulated blue chip banks and who, acting prudently, relied entirely on bank shares for their pension? Are these people not in at least the same financial hardship as your example and haven't they been equally let down by the system?

[broken link removed]

Where is the help for those who are currently paying their mortgage but struggling to do so?

Why should those who cannot pay be afforded more help than those who can?

Why should my neighbour have thousands written off his mortgage just because he lied on his mortgage application and then lost his job?

I see newbeginning are now challenging the validity of Start Mortgages' authority to lend in this country.

Does anyone take responsibility for their own inability to borrow responsibly in this country

Talk about trying to weasel out of your obligations

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/...egal-challenge-to-start-mortgages-483749.html

Back