Where is the Best Address in Limerick City environs

sully

i am thinking of the Castletroy/Monaleen areas and was wondering where is the best place in limerick to buy. I am also thinking of Patrickswell and adare areas. i am looking for Detached under 500K, the best value and the best amenities.

Would you think about Adare/ Listowel Direction - really nice down there and comutable to Limerick.

Castletroy was considered a good address but due to its proximity to UL its now associated with students.

The Ennis Road and South Circular Road were also good areas and there are some very nice houses in O Connell Avenue which is the nearest to the city.

Adare would be my No. 1 choice. Its in in Co Limerick and is very pretty and also very expensive. Its outside the city but close enough for commuting. It's a well renowned village which due to the influx of tourists is more like a small town. Loads of info on the web about it. Beware of nearby towns and villages claiming an Adare address to increase property value!!!

Agree with the last poster. Adare does carry something of a premium, though. Personally I'd look at somewhere like Croagh, 2 miles beyond Adare, if you don't mind a 15min. drive to town..? (with the new Adare bypass).

SCR is very nice, and very convenient to city centre, good schools, Regional Hospital, Crescent S.c., etc., but they're going to slap 400+ new 'residential units' into the grounds of the old racecourse over the next few years and an already bad traffic situation is likely to worsen dramatically.

I was going to mention Croagh but though might be too small. Its a small village - church, shop, couple of pubs, school. Nearest ATM etc is Adare or Rathkeale. A lot of ppl use Adare on their post!!! Family member moved there about four years ago and finds people are friendly but finds it hard to get to know people as its a bit 'clicky'. That can be either a good or a bad thing. He's planning on raising his family there so can't be too much of a problem!

What on earth is a definition of 'best address' in Ireland these days?? Oh gawd..maybe I don't want to know that answer....!

Casteltroy is quite a large area and cretainly most estates on the university side of the dublin road would have large numbers of students. On the other side however there are some very nice estates around the monaleen area (including annacotty). Also great amenities and services which are lacking sometimes in areas further outside the city.

Adare is nice as already mentioned (although the traffic through the town can be bad and prices are considerably more expensive than Limerick). Killaloe/Ballina is another nice area which is within commuting distance to Limerick. In Limerick also the North Circular is one of those addresses that you pay a premium for.

What do you think of the Farranshone/Belfield/Glenview/Stenson Park areas?

Defo North Circular Road if you can afford it - Glenview, Farrahshone, Belfield would be ok too but if I had a choice it would be NCR without a doubt. Or city side of South Circular Road or as someone mentioned the top of O'Connell Ave (up by The model jnr school).

I think Castletroy has lost its' appeal (in my own personal opinion).

Love Adare.

Family home, schools etc - NCR.

I'll say castletroy/monaleen, also castleconnell is worth a look at 5min drive just outside the edge of castletroy. I think that this side of the city has had a lot of good development in the last few years / cinema/ superquinn/dunnes/ etc etc which make it popular. Adare is also a really lovely spot. I dont know what the commute traffic into teh city is like though from that side.

Back