Where is best to buy a new bed?

jim

Hi,

We want to buy a new king size bed that we hope will last last many years. Does anyone have any recommendations for where we might get a decent deal in Dublin. Our budget is probably €400-€600.

Have google searched it but no sales or decent looking deals are jumping out at me.

Thanks,
Jim

I bought from Mattressman, a UK site. I checked out makes etc here and made a considerable saving by buying online.
On Boards.ie many posters have bought from Big Mickey in Longford.

Reactions: jim
Remember, it's the mattress that makes the bed and you'll need to spend at least that on a good mattress, never mind the bed.

Reactions: jim
As a slight aside is there any place that deliver and collect the old bed for a reasonable price ?

We bought a bed in Bargaintown in Bray. It was dearer than your budget - €819 including delivery. We had planned to buy a bed in Arnotts for nearly €3700 but there was a 5-6 week delivery wait. We had visitors coming and had just moved house and BT had a next week delivery promise. They delivered and we're delighted with it. Not buying from Arnotts!

Hi,

We want to buy a new king size bed that we hope will last last many years. Does anyone have any recommendations for where we might get a decent deal in Dublin. Our budget is probably €400-€600.

Have google searched it but no sales or decent looking deals are jumping out at me.

Thanks,
Jim

Watched a very interesting item on Newsround recently on 25th April about advice on beds. It doesn't give you advice on where to buy cheaply but general good advice about what type of bed to buy. Contrary to previous advice down through the years, the gentleman in this clip confirms that a hard bed is not good for one's back and I would have to say I have come to the same conclusion. Its well worth a listen and I would agree that you need to test out a bed rather than just ordering on-line.

Somewhere that you spend one-third of one's life deserves special attention when purchasing.

https://www.rte.ie/player/ie/show/nationwide-21/10869977/

Back