Where have the Mods gone??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is in the incorrect forum.....it should be in Letting off Steam.

(Only Joking!!!!! And I still haven't worked out how to do a smiley face...:):):D).
There you are Dee. An extra one for your perseverence and the green one for St. Patrick's Day :cool:

I used the report post once for a spammer and got a reply telling me not to report obvious spam because it wastes mod time. I don't use it anymore

I imagine this was some time back. The system in the background is a little more streamlined now.

aj

However I now find it increasingly frustrating when posters start threads that have been repeated before, sometimes the same type of question asked several times over the same day, without searching or taking a serious thread wayyyy off topic
That's the nature of boards like this, I've noticed with other boards I've posted on as well. They have a certain life-cycle. People come and go, and the same old chestnuts get posted again and again. Same old arguments too - speeding, drugs, noisy neighbours etc, etc...

Then people (regulars) start questioning - 'why bother posting? - I've already answered this a year ago. Someone else will reply'. Eventually, people get bored with it all, and don't bother even reading the board.

In fairness though the posting guidelines do advise against reporting 'obvious spam' - so maybe this was the case?

Might have been, just remember it had been there for a couple of hours at the time so thought it had been missed

There is a Report Post facility which is the little red triangle on the top right of the screen. (Click it now if you want to see how it works!)

There is no need to report obvious spam. The moderators delete it promptly anyway.

Don't attack other posts or posters. It can just lead to an all out war.

Brendan
Administrator

...And the following is the statement which appears when you click the report post icon.

Please do not report obvious spam. The moderators notice it very promptly and delete it. Use this facility to report breaches of the Posting Guidelines. The moderators will decide whether or not the post warrants editing or deletion.

The standing instruction is not to report obvious spam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back