Where does your handle/user-name come from

Everything you need to know about life, you can learn from Star Trek......

De romulans are the bad boy cousins of the vulcans, much more interesting!

What about you then? Did we ever actually get a satisfactory explanation as to the origins of Vanilla ? Thought not.

I think you'll find I did explain it previously. It was an extremely interesting and exotic explanation and I'm surprised you don't remember.

Hmmm, maybe it was censored?:p

Sadly I didn't put much thought into my username. If I had I think I would have gone for, of the clean ones, Sir Rantsalot (although I also like Massive Genius and Infidel).

Mine is a character from a French textbook in school - Tricolore Three (or trois, I guess). My bro called me Louislaloope as a child. And still calls me Loop to this day!

I hope I haven't revealed myself...!!!

What about you then? Did we ever actually get a satisfactory explanation as to the origins of Vanilla ? Thought not.

Betcha it's dirty or something... :D

Caveat of course is just all serious, boring and paranoid.

Which I'm not, funny enough.

I've always loved this name after seeing it here and have been known to "borrow it". Only in places I'm sure you'd never go Caveat.

I'm still trying to work out if he meant the name Vanilla or Caveat. And the implications of either choice.

Betsy was the name given to a backpacker car in Australia - a car with personality and a general workhorse of a machine (I've some notion that Betsy was a classic workhorse name). I wouldnt normally name machines but it was so often the topic of conversation at the time it was easier to name it.

When back to Ireland I decided to oirish it up a bit so added Og to the end.

The odd poster thinks it an actual name (I doubt there's any Betsy in the country under 85 ... so Og would be a bit of a misnomer as well), more often people think I is a laayydeee, which aint so .... and no, its not a case of "at weekends my name is Loretta" - as yer man's sign on the train platform said (some ad from a few years back) :D.

Back