where do posters have their cash

dockingtrade

For depsoit safety reasons, where do people here have their money on deposit.... especially for those fearing the worst.

At the moment, PTSB, EBS, Halifax, Ulster Bank (was FA until takeover) and Rabo. Split out between them. With halifax going, I am going to move that to Rabo for now. Will be interested to see where others suggest as nervous times...None in a shoe box just yet.

Halifax, Anglo Irish, Rabodirect at the moment... previously also Northern Rock & First Active. Probably swap Halifax for PTSB or AIB. May start using Northern Rock again too.

i got a redundancy recently and was heading for the post saving certs or bonds with it, im just not so sure now.

Have a look at the best buys threads but I suggest you spread it out to as many as possible to minimise the risk should one fail

Ill have to look at doing that...

What im really wondering about is if Ireland defaults , An post, BOI & AIB an all under the garauntee scheme will be goosed.

Some guy on thebusiness rte1 yesterday with John Murray made a fairly convincing aregument for Ireland defaulting on its debt. Just interested to know from others that believe this what are they doing with their money. I sent a txt to the show asking John to ask the guy that question, it didnt get through though.

Its not that I also believe this but want to know from does who do believe this, what are they doing.

I have most of my cash in Nationwide UK. They are AA rate, they offer the highest lump sum deposit rated and have been a pleasure to deal with. I also have accounts with PTSB, Investec and INBS.

investec ( fsa guatantee) , po certs and bonds , aib, PTSB, ango irish, EBS,rabo ( dutch guarantee) and irish nationwide

Back