Where do I enter age 65 exemption limit credit on form ROS11-lost??

Discussion in 'Tax' started by NOAH, Nov 14, 2017 at 7:34 AM.

1. NOAH

NOAH Frequent Poster

I have to admit defeat, I am unable to find the place in the ros form 11 where I can enter the age 65 exemption limit, it has defeated me.

Please help??

I had assumed it would be automatic, ie I have entered my DOB = age 65 so column would populate automatically. All I see is an amount for €490.00.

One other item, do we both pay usc on our UK state pensions?? I expect we do so that exemption bit would compensate.

2. Joe_90

Joe_90 Frequent Poster

Is your income at a level that the exemption applies?

3. NOAH

NOAH Frequent Poster

Its a joint return so over €60k. I am assuming that I can use the €36k for both of us!! And the tax take at the moment is almost equal to one of the UK pensions!!

4. Joe_90

Joe_90 Frequent Poster

The €36k is the exemption for a married couple. If your income is €60k then you have to pay the tax like the rest of us.

RedOnion likes this.
  5. NOAH

NOAH Frequent Poster

I'm beginning to struggle here, its a joint return ie a married couple but as I said originally I cant figure the form, im 65 my wife is 64. I want to ring revenue but want to do so when I am not completely and utterly flustered. In my first post I said " do we both pay etc"

Then I get asked is the income at the correct level. I answer and then get the last post.

......ffs

6. DB74

DB74 Frequent Poster

There's a thread on UK pensions here

https://www.askaboutmoney.com/threads/u-k-pension-and-irish-tax.200382/

The €36K exemption limit is for a married couple's joint income (ie €18K each). If you earn less than that then you are exempt from paying tax but if you earn more than that then you are taxed normally. It's not the case that the first €36K is exempt or anything

noproblem likes this.
  7. DB74

DB74 Frequent Poster

Once you enter your DOBs on the form then the exemption limits & age credits are picked up automatically, there's nowhere to just tick a box to say that you are exempt, the system picks that up itself

NOAH likes this.
  8. NOAH

NOAH Frequent Poster

ok I got through to revenue after a very long time being bounced around the place, it was an utter shambles, I was even switched through to a department called registrations without even asking for it!! It was barmy. But I was misinterpreting the allowance, to benefit myself of course. Its all good now, that depends. At least one of the UK pensions will cover the tax and usc.