Where do I enter age 65 exemption limit credit on form ROS11-lost??

NOAH

I have to admit defeat, I am unable to find the place in the ros form 11 where I can enter the age 65 exemption limit, it has defeated me.

Please help??

I had assumed it would be automatic, ie I have entered my DOB = age 65 so column would populate automatically. All I see is an amount for €490.00.

One other item, do we both pay usc on our UK state pensions?? I expect we do so that exemption bit would compensate.

Its a joint return so over €60k. I am assuming that I can use the €36k for both of us!! And the tax take at the moment is almost equal to one of the UK pensions!!

The €36k is the exemption for a married couple. If your income is €60k then you have to pay the tax like the rest of us.

I'm beginning to struggle here, its a joint return ie a married couple but as I said originally I cant figure the form, im 65 my wife is 64. I want to ring revenue but want to do so when I am not completely and utterly flustered. In my first post I said " do we both pay etc"

Then I get asked is the income at the correct level. I answer and then get the last post.

......ffs

Once you enter your DOBs on the form then the exemption limits & age credits are picked up automatically, there's nowhere to just tick a box to say that you are exempt, the system picks that up itself

ok I got through to revenue after a very long time being bounced around the place, it was an utter shambles, I was even switched through to a department called registrations without even asking for it!! It was barmy. But I was misinterpreting the allowance, to benefit myself of course. Its all good now, that depends. At least one of the UK pensions will cover the tax and usc.

Back