Where can I use my laser card on line?

Noor77

Hi guys

I got an AIB Maestro (laser and atm) card a couple of weeks ago and still haven't used it! I want to buy something on-line with it ...but apart from Aer Lingus and Ryanair, I'm not sure of any sites where I can use it.

Any ideas??

Thanks

Noor77 said:
I want to buy something on-line with it ...but apart from Aer Lingus and Ryanair, I'm not sure of any sites where I can use it.

What do you want to buy? I generally select the thing that I want to buy first and then look at what the payment options are rather than the other way around. I've used Laser online for various payments (CD-WOW, Luas smart card, eircom phone bill, UTV Clicksilver/Talk bills, etc.) for what it's worth.

I can see where you are coming from Clubman, but I just want to actually go through the process of purchasing something on-line as it is not something I have ever done before!

I was probably thinking along the lines of jewellery, make-up etc...

Thanks

Noor

If it's an academic exercise you can buy some CDs on CD-WOW and have them delivered to me if you want! :)

ClubMan said:
If it's an academic exercise you can buy some CDs on CD-WOW and have them delivered to me if you want! :)

I like your style Clubman, but I don't think that will be happening any day soon ;)

I was thinking more along the lines of getting a piece of costume jewellery for about €80 - €100. My Uncle brought me back a gorgeous malachite necklace from Jaipur in India and I would like to get a bracelet that would match it.

Get the latest and greatest Westlife CD and other such manufactured music(?) sent to Mr Clubman, I am sure he will enjoy.............

Vanilla said:
:D Hows the budget going now , Noor? sorry, couldn't resist!

Hiya Vanilla :)

Budget is actually going relatively okay. I have €700 in various bonds (prize bonds and savings bonds), my SSIA is now maxed and I have €1,100 in my current account (which is a very unusual state of affairs for me!)

All in all, I feel a little bit proud that I have managed to reform myself!

Haha :) I actually seem to have lost all desire to spend money, very strange :)
Although I would love to find an on-line jewellery site where I could purchase with laser .......

Buy4now might accept laser, AFAIK only irish sites can. Wowwoman sells makeup, skincare and perfume (still necessities when you're a budgeteer!) and are a sister site of cdwow so may accept laser and possibly perfumeireland?

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH...........I'm so mad! Went onto the wowwoman site as recommended by Sinead, and found a really nice piece of jewellery. The site says it takes laser but when I keyed in my card details it said that it does not accept my kind of card. So much for the "brilliant" Maestro card then ....... :(

Maestro and Laser are not the same. Are you sure that your card is actually a Laser card, possibly combined with Maestro and ATM etc.? For example, does it include a Laser logo? My problem with some sites and Laser these days is that they look for the three (?) digit verification code from the signature strip on the back but my current card (due to expire and be replaced soon) doesn't have one so I'm usually forced to use my credit card instead.

Hi Clubman

It has both a Laser and Maestro symbol, maybe I'm just not destined to buy anything!

Noor

Just wondering what the benefits of a maestro symbol is???

Cirrus/Maestro allow ATM transactions, in particular cash withdrawals, while abroad. See [broken link removed] for some info - check with you own bank for details of their charges. Note that Laser [broken link removed]. In the € zone the same charges for such ATM transactions apply as at home. Outside the € zone additional charges apply. In some cases preloading a credit card and making cash withdrawals (not advances!) can work out a cheaper way to access cash while travelling.

Clubman, there is a way around that request for your 3 digit security code at the back of Laser - I did it before and I'm sure it's something simple like putting in 000 or 999, the banks are aware that this is posing a slight problem so they too should be able to let you know what code to put in so you can process your order.

Thanks for the tip Moneypit - it wasn't a showstopper for me and I was generally happy enough to use the CC instead.

Back