Where can I get parts for a Mitsubishi?

G

gloworm

where can I get a rear fog light for a 1999 mitsubishi colt?

i have tried:
ebay
mick garage.ie
local dealer...to expensive
local breaker
various online parts websites, based in england, none have replied yet.

any other suggestions?
thanks.

Don't think I can help you. I went through the same when looking for a rear light for an Almera I used to drive.

If it's for the NCT, I'd say you'll have to stump up the cash to buy it at a franchise dealer.

Could Halfords or a motor factors get it for you?

CC, I have checked halfords, no luck.
i have already checked the local motor factors and they have said from M. dealer only :(

DrM, I had already looked there, they dont have it either.

but I'm a determined sort and will keep browsing!

(BTW is this an irish or UK or EU website? just out of intertest as my first time here :confused: )

gloworm said:
(BTW is this an irish or UK or EU website? just out of intertest as my first time here :confused: )

Irish.

Best of luck with the searching, I tried for over 3 months without luck and had to go to the dealer eventually.

When you add up the cost of your time and effort versus the cost of the part, it may not be worth sourcing the part elsewhere.

i'm not phoning around, just browsing online in my spare time...so not costing me anyhing!!! we will probably go to the dealer but at least I know i'd had a good look around first!!

a relavtive is on holiday in america at the moment and is having a look for me (as US very cheap on most things!)...will the parts be the same there? or will specifications vary and differ between countries?
I mean will an american rear fog light for a 99 colt be the same as an irish rear fog light for a 99 colt?
thats a bit garbled but its hard to concentrate and colour in with a toddler at the same time ;)

thanks everyone so far

gloworm said:
i'm not phoning around, just browsing online in my spare time...so not costing me anyhing!!! we will probably go to the dealer but at least I know i'd had a good look around first!!

I wasn't really referring to the 'money' cost (phone calls etc), more the opportunity cost of your time-isn't there something else you would rather be doing?

If you haven't picked up a phone I would advise that you do so-most scap yards/breakers don't have (up-to-date) websites.

gloworm said:
a relavtive is on holiday in america at the moment and is having a look for me (as US very cheap on most things!)...will the parts be the same there? or will specifications vary and differ between countries?
I mean will an american rear fog light for a 99 colt be the same as an irish rear fog light for a 99 colt?

A Mitsuibishi Colt in America? Little to know chance I'd say-the Ford Focus is about as small as they go in America (save for the Geo Storm and the Beetle). Mitsubishi cars aren't that common out there either, if memory serves correctly.

Back