When does Revenue take payment? (Income Tax)

Just wondering when Revenue take payment from your account for income tax purposes, or more accurately, how many days after the deadline usually? I seem to recall it being a couple of weeks after last year? I'm conscious that the way the days are falling that the VAT3 might come out in or around the same day.

Thanks.

Don't you set the payment date on your payment instruction?

I set mine for the deadline - the 14th November which was yesterday.

They have not taken it out yet.

Last year, I set it for Monday 13th November and they took it on Wednesday the 15th.

Brendan

My accountant does it for me, it's always around now, he just asks me to make sure I have the money in there. And revenue nowadays are real efficient at generating documents quickly and posting them. Got a load of them a couple of weeks ago. Very efficient.

My 2017 payment was taken from my Bank of Ireland account on Thursday 16th November last year

Presumably, the payment demands are presented to the banks on or after 15th November

No payment taken by Revenue from my bank account yet. Return was filed early October and not a new bank account. Has there been an error somewhere or is it within the usual range of dates? Should I contact my accountant?

No payment taken by Revenue from my bank account yet. Return was filed early October and not a new bank account. Has there been an error somewhere or is it within the usual range of dates? Should I contact my accountant?
Yes you should contact her/him, it should be gone.

Mine came out on the 19th. No explanation for it but I didn't go looking. I had changed to a different bank account the week before the deadline and a few weeks after filing so I'm assuming it was something to do with this.

Back