When do penalty points exipre!

hoppy

I recieved 2 penalty points 2007, I know they expire after 3 years but what i need to no is do the 3 years start from the day the offence took place or from the date i got a letter saying the points where applied to my license?

I recieved 2 penalty points 2007, I know they expire after 3 years but what i need to no is do the 3 years start from the day the offence took place or from the date i got a letter saying the points where applied to my license?

Date they were applied to licence.

eg offence in april, points in sept, go from sept.

You will get a letter when time of 3 years is up

I got 2 points in 06, 2 in 07 and 2 in 08. So I slowed down from 08 on.
However, got a letter recently advising the points from 07 had now been deleted, and I
now had 4 points. It was only when I re-checked dates I realised my 06 points
were still on my licence. I called them today and they admitted they had "forgotten " to
delete the 2006 points. Any point in pursuing the additional insurance costs
as a result of this, or forget about it?

corkman101, not exactly the same thing but insurance company had my address correct but with the wrong county, only found out as I was ringing for cheaper quote and told guy on phone my county is wrong, he came back with cheaper quote which I was delighted with. Later checked up and then rang to say you'd wrong county for last three years €30 more off....no harm in trying.....however this was their mistake, are u n charge of looking after pentaly points.....

Difference is they are supposed to tell me, under RTA2002, when points have been removed from licence which they did not. Just kinda ****es me off as if it was other way around, the would wanna fine me!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Or have I just become bitter and unrealistic in older age????

Back