What's Your Favourite Song Intro?

I thought Neil Diamond posts were banned, particularly in light of the facts that this is a music thread and he's still alive-ish.

Diamond was cool once.... in the 70's! I must dig out that Barry Manilow track or Chris DeBurgh:D

Diamond was cool once...
I've heard all the other stuff as well :

Diamonds are forever (please God, don't do that to me)
Diamonds are a girl's best friend (sorry girls, not this one :))
Diamond was cool once.... in the 70's! ...
I know i missed out on the 60's partying, but I hadn't realised until now it lasted into the 70's - I don't ever remember "Neil Diamond" and "cool" appearing in the same sentence until now; strange that.
... I must dig out that Barry Manilow track or Chris DeBurgh:D
Did you hear the joke about the two Jewish guys and the short Irishman?

Just looked at my ipod and didn't get passed "B". Bit eclectic I know but I love these intros:
AC/DC
Gone Shootin - www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmayGJ4D7L8
You shook me all night long - www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bomv-6CJSfM&feature=related

Audioslave Cochise - www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXdSOxEnwWM

Barry White, You are the first, my last, my everything.

Beatles , Eight days a week

Bee Gees, Jive Talkin'

Black Sabbath, War Pigs

Bob Seger, Fire Inside

Bobby Womack , Across 110th Street.

Bruce Springsteen, The river

Just heard this featuring the late great Mick Ronson with Bowie's Spiders from Mars

Oh yes, very nice. Best song the Stones never wrote? :)

Re Bowie, The opening couple of seconds of Ziggy Stardust is fantastic too - just that first crunchy chord and the "diddle-iddle-liddle" ( :eek:) is wonderful.

Just looked at my ipod and didn't get passed "B". Bit eclectic I know but I love these intros:
AC/DC
Gone Shootin - www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmayGJ4D7L8
You shook me all night long - www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bomv-6CJSfM&feature=related

Audioslave Cochise - www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXdSOxEnwWM

Barry White, You are the first, my last, my everything.

Beatles , Eight days a week

Bee Gees, Jive Talkin'

Black Sabbath, War Pigs

Bob Seger, Fire Inside

Bobby Womack , Across 110th Street.

Bruce Springsteen, The river

Very nice choices VOR - especially Gone Shootin' - rare quality, mellow and rocking - almost like Free?

Best Intro

Like sweet home alabama, but my favourite intro has to be very close between sweet child of mine - guns n roses and under pressure - queen.

sweet child of mine - guns n roses has to be one of the most recognisable, and best but I'd also go with Spare Parts (my favourite Springsteen song and, for all you girlies out there, a great feminist song) and The River since Springsteen is better than This post will be deleted if not edited immediately (and he's real).

River Deep Mountain High
Excerpt From A Teenage Opera
In The Summertime
Howzat
The House Of The Rising Sun

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone who remembers songs by Keith West, Mungo Gerry and The Animals must be nearly as old as me. :)

Someone who remembers songs by Keith West, Mungo Gerry and The Animals must be nearly as old as me. :)
Bingo, young snapper! On a more contemporary note, Many Rivers To Cross (the UB40 cover).

Back