Whats the worst gig you've ever seen/been to?

elefantfresh

Did anyone see the Meteor awards last night? I literally stumbled accross it by mistake (honestly). Happened to tune in just as Boyzone were taking to the stage. Now, lets be honest, I wouldnt be the biggest Boyzone fan - they're not really aimed at my age or gender - however, I just have to say that it really, genuinly was once of the worst performances I've ever seen - it was pathetic. How are/were those guys so successful? I guess it must show how cleverly packaged they actually were. Maybe Louis is way smarter than we think. Even the reaction from the crowd was woeful. I actually compared the performace to that muppet from Babyshambles when he was on Live8 with Elton John.
Anyone think of any other dreadful performances?

I imagine that any of the various talent shows, X-factor type TV shows that have polluted our airwaves in the last few years would fit the bill as awful for anyone stuck in the audience. For me, the thought of a couple of hours watching a bunch of tracksuited kids lepping around a stage while trying to be black and mean would be hell on earth. Luckily, I have never been caught in this situation!

Price when he played in Cork years ago - the crowd got bored with him during one of his strung out guitar riffs & started singing Ole Ole Ole

Chris Rea. It was professional enough but just throat-slittingly dull and musaky.

I've enjoyed all the concerts I went to...!!

I've certainly enjoyed most of them - some of them have been utterly fantastic but theres certainly been a few duds. Saw SLF many many many moons ago and was so excited about it - but the whole place ended up in a riot and they legged it off early - so disappointed. Might go see them in May.

Emo philips a few years ago at the summer comedy festival in Dublin. Most of the gig was really good, but he didn't know when to leave the stage and after a great gig he died a slow death on stage for about 15 minutes. It was excruciating :(

Boyzone were successful only because Take That broke up at the time. They are not and never were in Take Thats league. I don't think the reunion has been successful whereas take that are doing really well.

I was very disappointed with the Killers in Marly Park last year.

I have one that was great for me but probably bad for everyone else ... I went to see The Damned in Burnley, even got to stand right at the front, but they left the stage early cos of the amount of beer that was being thrown at them (even punk bands have their limits!). But I got to hang out with them in the dressing room afterwards, so I actually didn't mind the shorter gig after all :)

Worst concert Madonna in Slane supported by Iggy Pop truly awful (both of them)
Best has to be Faile Trip to Tipp (first and second) around 1990 - ahh those were the days...

Have to agree with the Madonna concert in Slane. Iggy Pop just roared into the mic, Madonna acted as though the rain was going to melt her. Bad gig, took absolutely hours to get home, I swore I would never do Slane again.

Saw SLF many many many moons ago and was so excited about it - but the whole place ended up in a riot and they legged it off early - so disappointed. Might go see them in May.

What!!!

You saw Jake and the boys...

Which gig Mansion House or the TV Club?

The Mansion house gig ended up with a lot of fights outside.

The TV club gig ended up with a lot of fights inside.

Went to see Roxy music in The Point, couldn't wait to get home (rather the pub).

Always more of an Undertones man myself. Saw them with Status Quo and Judas Priest in Dalymount in '79, in Limerick in 1980 and in Cork a few years ago. I have a copy of their original album autographed by both of the O'Neill Brothers.

Having said that, I'm also the proud owner of S.L.F.'s All The Best on vinyl. ;)

And I always did this out one time every year...............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yx2doRHPwkQ

And to stay on thread, I can't actually remember any really bad gig. Been to some great ones-Quo, Lizzy, Skids, Big Country, George Thorogood, Huey Lewis, Rats, Mama's Boys, U2, Horslips, Madness, Frank and Walters, Rory Gallagher, Hot Guitars(!), etc.

All great. :)

Haha the first band I thought of when I saw this thread was boyzone! At least they are consistent!

Back