What's the new Mondeo like to own?

Ancutza

I'm looking at a new-model 2007 Mondeo Trend 2.0 litre diesel with 140bhp. It's an ex-demonstrator direct from the local main dealer with 45k on the clock and a price-tag of 13k including VAT.

I've heard they're a nice car and it's very spacious and solid which is important to me as we have one small kid and another on the way.

Anybody own one and if so what are your comments on it? I've test-driven it and googled Honest John et al so I'm just looking to know if there are any gremlins to look out for. Thanks in advance!

Since I don't live in Ireland cost-related issues are incomparable but thank you for taking the time to reply! :)

Hi Ancutza

€13k is equivalent to what you might pay in UK for an 09 model so it seems pricey for an 07 car. Anyway, I have just bought a new one of these and it seems fine, very spacious, powerful and comfy. Interior same as recent Galaxy so no novelty for us as we have an 08 Galaxy. I personally think the doors are a bit tinny. I have put nearly 3,000km on the clock and I have got the average fuel consumption down to 6.3 l/100km. Back end seems big so I am going to fit reversing sensors. Boot is impressive but so was last model. Mine is 125BHP though.
Slim

Yes Leo I hear you but where I am they'd tend to hang on to demonstrators a bit longer than in Ireland. It's direct from the main dealer, first registered to them and serviced up-to-date so I'm not too concerned by the kilometers. I'm haggling for them to throw in 2 free services but they've come back and said that they will give me 3 years warranty instead. Swings and roundabouts!

I was down the local re-po yard today to look at another one (07 Mondeo) and had my head turned abit by an 08 Mazda 6 parked behind it. Same thing, 45k on the clock 140bhp, but with a leather interior, asking 15k VAT included. Now I REALLY don't know which way to jump!

Thanks but the 'Whatcar' prices are quoted in sterling which means a bit more when converted to Euro.

I've offered 13k including the VAT on the Mazda 6 (new list price here 26.5k). Awaiting a response. In the meantime I'll continue looking at Mondeos.

Back