What's the most you've won on the lotto/euromillions/scratchcards?

micmclo

I buy a tenner on Euromillions every Friday but I don't check that often so scanned a lot of them yesterday and one of them was 280 euro
Got four and the bonus on the euromillions

I'll never break the bank of Monte Carlo but I can claim the lotto till in the local Tesco couldn't cover me.
Told me to a main post office as they did not have enough money to pay out, :D
I like to tell myself I broke the bank :p

But yeah, with all the tickets I buy I'm still down

I found another few tickets from last September
I swear if I find out they were winners and I never checked them I'll be in tears.:( Ninety day limit

That happened three or four years ago. Three million jackpot in the Irish lotto was never claimed

Now I know there are some calling it a stupidity tax and all that but sure it's a tenner a week, price of two or three pints or so and I get enjoyment out of it.
Dream about different things

Any millionaires on AAM?

I almost won 650 quid when I was in college. Had started doing the lotto with some money I was earning at the time, but I forgot to do it that particular week. So sure I was that I won, I went to the chipper and bought the whole family the works. You can imagine the slagging I got in the end. Scabby sister still owes me for her fritter burger.

€200 euro myself.. In a syndicate in work we won €1500 euro once.. and I remember my dad had a couple of 6 or 700 Irish pound wins back in the day

Never buy them myself,purely for suckers,from time to time I receive them in birthday cards from relatives etc,never "won" more than €4 or 3 stars...scratch cards are purely for those at the back of the class.

Bit of a smug post there

Even if the odds are ridiculous sure what harm?
I buy my euromillions and have some fun believing I could win. And it's true, I could win

And a work syndicate can be a bit of craic too

Bit of a smug post there

Even if the odds are ridiculous sure what harm?
I buy my euromillions and have some fun believing I could win. And it's true, I could win

And a work syndicate can be a bit of craic too

Ive never been into it. But not because Im not back of the class :)

The way I see it is that people are paying for entertainment, a few quid for a bit of fun - what harm? Im sure there are things I spend a few quid on that no one would be bothered with!

Each to their own.

In saying that, a place I worked did win the lotto jackpot. I wasnt in the syndicate, I was actually away that summer working elsewhere, but they won, a few million it was too. So it can happen!

Am I supposed to feel guilty?

If others struggle with their bills that's a shame

I don't smoke or subscribe to premium sports channels but I don't tell others they waste their money or declare certain expenditures are a stupidity tax

This is shooting the breeze, was supposed to be a lighthearted thread and look at it now

Some of you belong over in letting off steam

I won c. €2,700 in 2007 with five numbers. Six numbers would have won 35,000 ! Can't remember what I spent it on. Definitely not fritter burgers.

I try not to do the lotto but sometimes do it if the fund is very big

It's amazing when you go to check the numbers how much you would have lost by doing the same numbers twice a week over the previous 12 months

I think the National Lottery should reduce the minimum lines to 1 for the Lotto instead of the current 2 - IMO they would get more people to do it regularly

I was delighted (as you would) to win 2000 euro in the Euromillions Plus 2 and a half years ago. It was just before Christmas so it was lovely. Since that: nothing more than 20 euro. I still play weekly, the amount varies: if you don't play, you can not win, even though the odds are not exactly in one's favour.

Back