What's the best buy on printer ink these days?

Brendan Burgess

Founder
I have a Canon MP 160

Just bought cartridges for it which were €33 for colour and €30 for Black.

I shopped around afterwards (!) to see if there is better value next time.

www.123ink.ie looks good- about half the price if I go for their yellow pack versions.

Are their yellow pack cartridges as good as the Canon ones?

Brendan

I've used www.123ink.ie for years and find them good. They used to be called Ink Maestro but that's probably not terribly important. I've never really tested this but my gut suggests that their yellow pack cartridges last a bit less than the branded versions, but given the price difference I'd always go for the yellow pack.

I use 123ink.ie, and Ink Maestro before. They deliver quickly and I have never had a problem.

I always buy HP original cartridges (yes, expensive) but I feel the extra cost is affordable to avoid problems with printing. My printer did block non-HP cartridges but I believe this has no been overcome.

I am happy to spend the extra for piece of mind

Ditto for HP, always originals now. I tried amazon for HP cloned cartridges, but they were no good. At least I got my money back, and because HP ink-jets have new print-heads in the cartridges, the printer survived.

Years ago I destroyed a perfectly good EPSON A3 printer with cloned cartridges which ruined the printer-based print heads

If your hp printer is compatible,there is a service called hp instant ink,where you buy a certain number of pages per month and get ink posted to you so you never run out.
I pay a tenner for 300 pages.

I've used www.123ink.ie for a couple of years now. I find them very good: order online and pick up the next day (I'm too cheap to have it delivered). Never a problem, and cost is very competitive.

I've used them for HP, Samsung and Canon printers. These days I always get the original brand and have never had a problem. I've used the generic equivalents in the past and have had very mixed results. Sometimes as perfect as the branded parts, but other times significantly worse in terms of print quality (patchy/streaks etc.). I suspect that experience is typical.

I've no connection to them, other than as a satisfied customer.

In my experience, HP printer give very mixed results with Generic ink

I have a brother printer now and buy generics from 123ink.ie or www.inkjet.ie.

I have never had a problem and my ink costs have reduced hugely.

Back