What Yield are You Getting?

P

pod

As a percentage of the *current* market value of your (residential) investment property approximately what percentage yield are you getting at the moment?

Yield

3.8% of current value! That's before costs - unsustainable..... new entrants beware !

MAC

yield

Carrick on Shannon tax incentive apartment - 0% yield as the ****** thing is empty, like many others there, since it was built. Beware !

Yield

Vast differences here.

Presume the worst yields are in relation to properties bought in the last 2-3 years.

Bought in the last 2-3 years?

Well not in my case so the low yield does not matter that much...... the question was I think based on current values.

MAC

Yield

Thanks for all the replies. If anyone else has any please post them.

Yes, yield based on current property value.

yields

5.7% in large midlands town.

I wonder is it true to say yields are generally better outside the capital and other cities?

2.9% D6 apartment

Dublin 6.

Current Market Value: €400k (apartment, according to two estimates from Estate Agents)

Monthly rent: €1100 (broadly similar to what's on DAFT)

Occupancy: 50 weeks per year

Annual Costs: ~€1,000

Yield = 2.9%

Looks like I should be trying to increase my rent to around €1,550 to get a 4.1% but this won't get tenants.

Dublin Gross Yields

Dublin 2 - apartment 4.7%
Dublin 9 - house 4.4%

I'm strongly considering the sale of the house - if (and when)house prices stop rising I reckon there will be a lot of for sale signs around the place!.

!

And we all know what happens to the price of any commodity when there's a market flood.

Take pre-emptive action now, and sell, sell, sell...!

dOWN dOWN dOWN

High yields are on the way and I'm not talkin' higher rents if you get what I'm sayin'

High Yields

San Martino, 4.7% yield for an apartment in Dublin 2? I find that hard to believe!! In future, can people show the rent and the current market value they are using to calculate the yield?

Back