What type of floor is more common in offices and homes: wooden/carpets/???

irash

In order to help a friend with his business I am trying to find out what floor is more commonly used these days in offices and homes:
1) carpets
2) wood and laminate
3) tiles
4) other
The word out there is that people are gradually getting rid of carpets.

span.jajahWrapper { font-size:1em; color:#B11196; text-decoration:underline; } a.jajahLink { color:#000000; text-decoration:none; } span.jajahInLink:hover { background-color:#B11196; }

I can only speak for myself but had carpet in office but replaced with tiles as are far easier to keep. Also for house have gradually replaced carpets to tiles also so now all downstairs tiled + bathrooms.

Carpet is a pain, I find it harder to keep clean in both an office and house.

In my house, we have wooden floors. In my office, we used to have carpet but found that it 'lifted' from use of our chairs going from one desk to another.

We now have wood too.

I love carpet and have it up stairs but not down stairs. I just love the feel of carpet when you have bare feet. But dont think that will happen in the work place, at least lets hope not.

Tiles i have in my kitchen and i always find that it's a lot colder. I think wooden floors would be the best way to go.

we have found wood to be the best bet in work.At home we have carpets in the bedrooms and on the stairs,tiles in the kitchen and wood everywhere else

There has been carpet in each office I have worked in. Are timber floors at work not very noisy when people are moving about. Also I think that carpets absorb some of the sound of speaking on phones etc.

I have timber floors and tiles everywhere at home as I don't believe that carpets can be kept clean of harmful dust.

Carpet/Felt tiles have been used in any office I've worked in.

If one area gets damaged/stained, you can lift those tiles and replace them with new ones without replacing the entire floor.

Carpet/Felt tiles have been used in any office I've worked in.

If one area gets damaged/stained, you can lift those tiles and replace them with new ones without replacing the entire floor.

+1

Agree that it reduces noise - and only one tile to replace if not possible to mend/clean

Anybody have any experience of price of fitting out an office with carpet tiles? About to move in to a new office (approx 1250sqft) with a raised access floor. It needs a carpet or carpet tiles, have emailed a couple of suppliers for quote no response as yet.

Looking for the price of the carpet (tiles) as well as cost of fitting. Would also like to know the lead times for same. I'm quit happy to use decent second hand carpet tiles if they were available

If anyone has any recommendations I'd appreciate the input.

Back