What to do with old magazines?

gnubbit

Hi,

I have a huge pile of homes/interiors magazines that has built up since Christmas.

I'll be moving house soon and I won't be taking them with me. I hate waste but don't know what to do with them apart from dump them in the recycle bin.

Has anyone got any suggestions?

Thanks,

g

Is there a primary school in your vicinity? Some of the teachers may appreciate the magazines for children to use cutting up and making collages etc.

keep an eye out for local jumble sales. Failing that, just leave them after you, perhaps who ever has bought your place might feel a need for them!!!!

Thank you all for the great suggestions. Since I don't have a car and they're quite heavy I think I'll try a combination of all suggestions so that I can drop them off in smaller loads!

Try ebay!

You mightn't get much for them, but if you sell them as "collect only" it should at least get rid of the problem (in a green way too).

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but just wondering if anyone has any other ideas. Have a pile of ladies fashion mags that's been building up in the spare room, dating 2007-2009. Not suitable for schools - think Cosmo, and tried doctors but they already have loads.

Hairdressing or Beauty Salons would find them very useful. Maybe not the older ones though!!

Primary schools would actually love them - the teacher would rip out the appropriate pages. Lots of art lessons involve pictures of faces, food, tones etc. It can be very difficult to collect these during the year.

Primary schools would actually love them - the teacher would rip out the appropriate pages. Lots of art lessons involve pictures of faces, food, tones etc. It can be very difficult to collect these during the year.

I think teachers have better things to be doing than leafing through piles of Cosmo ripping out inappropriate articles!

Back