What to do with a flight I can't use

Beckster

Hi everyone,
I have a return flight to Canada that for personal reasons I can no longer use. Unfortunately it is too late now to change the dates and use it myself at a later date. The only change that can be made now is to put it into someone elses name and have them go instead of me. Have not found anyone to take flight from immediate friends and family and it would be a shame to let it go to waste..
Anyone ever been in this situation and what did you do?
[am not trying to sell the flight on this forum]

Check out the fees involved for the name change (usually quite a lot) and stick it up on adverts.ie (boards.ie spin-off).

If you can't sell it, have some fun.
-- Ring up and request a name change to Liquid Bomber or Osama Binman.
-- Waste disposal: get a friend who is free but isn't intending to fly to turn up and check-in some "luggage" (works best with electrical items). Encourage them to give literal answers to the "security" questions at checkin.

Same thing happened to me a few years back with 2 flights to Italy. I tried selling them dirt cheap but nobody wanted them. Like Eurofan said, it costs quite a bit to change the details. I just cancelled mine in the end. Pretty sure I was refunded the tax. Yippee doo! :rolleyes:

If you can't sell it, have some fun.
-- Ring up and request a name change to Liquid Bomber or Osama Binman.
-- Waste disposal: get a friend who is free but isn't intending to fly to turn up and check-in some "luggage" (works best with electrical items). Encourage them to give literal answers to the "security" questions at checkin.

great idea - ruin a few thousand peoples day while the airport is evacuated...

Yep, if enough people do it they'll eventually cancel all showings at the security theatre, and flying will be much more pleasant. Flush an iPod down the toilet while you're at it.

Thanks for all the constructive comments :D .
I looked on E bay but only found people selling concert tickets, I will look into getting the tax back though, you never know!!!
Beckster

Did you find out how much it sosts to change the name.
I think that it is €100.
Surly you have some friend or family member who will go for €100.

Back