What to do when directors don't reply

Is there a way to force the developer to hand over the common areas? From my research it appears that the County Council is interested part in many of the apartments in the same block, why they don't do anything about it?
I would advise against buying here. Apart from the problem with the MC and developer, you are going to have council tenants living there who will have no impact on the running of the place even if some of them care. It's probably a good price for a reason.

It is clear you like/want this apartment but you should not let your heart rule your head, this development is not yet under the complete control of the unit owners through the OMC, even if it was it does not mean that everything would be rosy, I've said it before find somewhere else.

I would advise against buying here. Apart from the problem with the MC and developer, you are going to have council tenants living there who will have no impact on the running of the place even if some of them care. It's probably a good price for a reason.

Could you explain me what does it means to have council tenants living there?

I thought the County Council would be responsible for paying the service charges?

Thanks

You said that the County Council have a few apartments in the block ? While they will pay the service charges due they will be housing tenants that have no interest in how the management of the complex is done. The council is a faceless organization who have no interest in profit and are not held accountable should any problems arise, Their tenants tend not to be, ahem, rigorously vetted either.

Hi,
sorry for the late reply but these days I've been sick.

I understand that their tenants won't have any interest, that's more than clear, but I didn't know who had to pay so I was asking. At least if the County Council pays for those apartments those fees are safe!

Could you give me examples of which problems could arise for which they won't be responsible? You mean for problems caused by the tenants?

Sorry for being so pesky but I want to learn as much as possible about these things.

Thanks,

Katrina

Back