What to do in south west Wales?

DaveD

Off to south west Wales in July with 2 small children, just west of Pembrokeshire Coast National Park. Any recommendations for where to go or what to see when there? Oakwood theme park is not far away I know, any large castles you can actually wander around etc.

Doing similar myself in Aug - have you arranged anywhere to stay? I was looking at Tenby but anywhere decent is expensive for what we're getting.

South West Wales is a wonderful place to visit for a holiday. Oakwood Theme Park is unmissable as far as kids are concerned. Tenby is a beautiful quaint town and has some good restaurants. There is plenty to do there. There are also beautiful coastal drives full of magnificent scenery. Don't forget to visit Britains smallest city, St-Davids with its wonderful cathedral. If you're lucky you might be there to hear and see the choir practice. Pendine Sands is worth a visit with its huge beach where land speed world records were made. Visit the small museum there.

Re: Oakwood

What would be the minimum age of child that one should bring there?

There is loads to do around Tenby we're going back this year, staying in Haven Kiln Park.
We were there 2 years ago and the weather was dreadful but there was something different to do every day,
The Dinosaur park, Folly Farm, Caldey Island, if you check out www.dayoutwiththekids.co.uk and you can click on the relevant area

St Davids is a stunning seaside village and has some lovely beaches. You can also do a great trip around the island on inflatable dinghys that are very interesting

Back