what to do if fraud is suspected in an online purchase using visa?

Lingua

Does anybody know what to do if fraud is suspected in an online purchase using visa.

I made an order totalling £437 about 2 weeks ago, the goods did not arrive and when I tried tracking the order I saw that it showed up no less than 4 times.

I rang the customer service and was told that it was an error and would be rectified (it wasnt). The visa card was deducted once but it still shows up on the screen as 4 differerent orders.

I did a google search of this company and there is a list of fraud and scam activities associated with it. Sometimes get the goods they ordered but the visa is used several times in the following months. Sometimes no goods arrive and the visa card is used.

I phoned the visa department and was told that the system is down! The girl explained that she can do nothing to help me right now - could I write a letter to them and explain... And yes, my visa will be at risk even if I cancel it.

Any better ideas?

Re: Possible fraud

Get back onto your visa company and ask for the fraud dept and explain the whole story to them.

This is beginning to feel like an elaborate April fools joke.

I cant name the company as Im still trying to get myself out without too much damage done.

I did report it - or tried to - to fraud service here but they dont even want to listen to what you have to say. They presume to know exactly what you havent said yet. When the lady (?) stopped to take a breather, I pounced in with my story so then she directed me to the fraud dpt.

At least the card is cancelled via visa international.

I read thru the list of scammers to watch out for here and was surprised the name of this company is not there. I have no qualms about naming them once i have cleared this up.

I have no qualms about naming them once i have cleared this up.

We do, as naming a company here and accusing them of opperating a fraud is potentially libelous and puts Brenda's house at risk, not yours.
Leo

We do, as naming a company here and accusing them of opperating a fraud is potentially libelous and puts Brenda's house at risk, not yours.
Leo
Who is Brenda or can we not discuss medical matters? :D

Phone your credit company and ask to do a chargeback as the goods didn't arrive.

Forget talking about scams/fraud and take the simple approach.

Oops! Good job HE didn't spot that!

I think i'll report the post just to me sure :)

Back