What time do you get up in the mornings?

Up at 7:10 freshen up ..... search for socks in dark, and on the road for 7:25. Cruise along river road whilst eating banana and yogurt and arrive ready to log onto AAM by 7:45........ remain grumpy till about 9am when coffee aroma fills the air

Roy

Up at 5:00 ==> shower, shaved and dressed ==> at desk for 5:15

The joys of being self-employed and working from home :)

Not wishing to be too judgemental about personal hygiene or anything, but ...

How do people get to leave the house for work in anything less than 30 minutes from the time of getting up ?

I can not get in and out of the bathroom in less than 20 minutes, after which I have to get dressed, have breakfast, locate wallet, keys, phone, etc. before pegging it out the door 45 minutes after getting out of bed.

And yes, I am a bloke .. who just has to have a shower before getting dressed, including weekends.

I get up at 6, leave the house at 6.40, get the train at 7.04 and am at my desk by 8.

I shower in the evening rather than the morning as it takes about 40 mins to dry and straighten my hair and there's no way I'm getting up at 5.20! Besides, I usually go to the gym in the evenings so I shower after that. I hate going to bed without showering.

up between 6.30 and 7.00 showered and hair make up etc. at 7 start to wake grumpy senior infant. Sound like a drill major for 30 mins while dressing self. Hopefully downstairs by 7.45 with all dressed and ready to go. baby wandering about eating min microwavaeable sausages while we cajole senior infant to do anything which will help to get out the door and not jigsaws, dance, sing chase baby etc. Baby sitter arrives by 8 and some calm is restored. Leave by 8.15 do school run. leave school at 8.50 and arrive at work by 9 thats a normal day. Today bliss no children to organise got up at 8 showered etc in peace nice relaxed breakfast leave home at 8.50 and arrive at work for 9. Best thing about this week three more relaxing mornings before I turn in to the hideous screaming morning monster again next week.

Up at 7.15 most mornings, shower and dress, then sometimes grab a bite if I can be bothered. Leave the house at 8 and sitting at my desk by 8.15.

I'm with PINK. No responsibilities - live within walking distance of the office. Get up around 08.05 ... out the door by 08.35 .... in work by 09.00.

Up at around 8.30, leave house at 8.50. in work at 9.05. The joys of living so close to work!
Also am not a slave to car like so many out there and therefore no traffic worries (moped or bicycle to work)
There is no way I would I ever ever ever settle for a job where the commute took longer than 30 minutes, I dont know how people do it.

angie said:
up between 6.30 and 7.00 showered and hair make up etc. at 7 start to wake grumpy senior infant. Sound like a drill major for 30 mins while dressing self. Hopefully downstairs by 7.45 with all dressed and ready to go. baby wandering about eating min microwavaeable sausages while we cajole senior infant to do anything which will help to get out the door and not jigsaws, dance, sing chase baby etc. Baby sitter arrives by 8 and some calm is restored. Leave by 8.15 do school run. leave school at 8.50 and arrive at work by 9 thats a normal day. Today bliss no children to organise got up at 8 showered etc in peace nice relaxed breakfast leave home at 8.50 and arrive at work for 9. Best thing about this week three more relaxing mornings before I turn in to the hideous screaming morning monster again next week.
And where's Mister Grumpy while all this is going on?? Probably where all the Mister Grumpys are ... busy doing something (anything!) else.

I'm surprised at the number of people who live short distances from where they work. The general impression I get is that most people spend on average 45 min to an hour commuting to/from work. Maybe that's just Dublin!

Up at 6.20am, leave house at 6.45am, in work by 7.50am using combination of car & DART!
I shower the night before and set out my clothes etc, then it's just a quick run in and out of the shower in the morning before work. Breakfast has to wait until I get into work as my stomach is normally about an hour behind the rest of my body!

frando said:
Hi, Personally, I get up when I feel like it. I'm retired. By the way, judging by the time of all your postings, do any of you work?. Ha Ha!!

Hear Hear

Like Frando I am retired but I am glad that you are all back to work because things were very quiet for the last couple of weeks.

I wonder has the name got anything to do with age?

My morning routine consists of getting up at 8ish, shower, dry hair, get dressed, grab something for breakfast (eat in the car) & lunch, leave house at 8.20ish for 25/30 minute drive to work. Grab cuppa and be at my desk for 8.55ish...phew!

I used to wonder why so many people smelled.......

people, SHOWER BEFORE YOU GO TO WORK, you SMELL.....................

and just cos you cant smell yourself doesnt mean you dont smell.....

TarfHead said:
Not wishing to be too judgemental about personal hygiene or anything, but ...

How do people get to leave the house for work in anything less than 30 minutes from the time of getting up ?

I can not get in and out of the bathroom in less than 20 minutes, after which I have to get dressed, have breakfast, locate wallet, keys, phone, etc. before pegging it out the door 45 minutes after getting out of bed.

And yes, I am a bloke .. who just has to have a shower before getting dressed, including weekends.

How long does anyone need in the shower? I would probably spend less than 5 minutes in the shower in the morning.... Plenty of time to soap and rinse!!!

Alarm goes off at 6, push the gf out of bed at 6:05, out of bed by 6:20, out of house by 6:45 (I always shower just before going to bed) to catch the train at 6:58, and I sleep again 7:00 to 7:55 in train, and at my desk by 8:10.

MargeSimpson said:
I'm surprised at the number of people who live short distances from where they work. The general impression I get is that most people spend on average 45 min to an hour commuting to/from work. Maybe that's just Dublin!

Been there done that for long enough and now thankfully live 10 mins drive from work - there's not even a traffic light in my way...

It's a pity more companies don't relocate outside the city centre.

Kramer said:
How long does anyone need in the shower?

Yeah but the real Kramer has one of those Eastern European superflow showers that removes your epidermis ;) !

Into shower, wet all me bits, soap them, shampoo the hair, rinse off all the suds, towel off, shave, brush teeth, finish off towelling - I believe I have removed all excess time from those activities and still can't do it quicker than 20 minutes :confused: .

And in case anyone suggest it - an electric shaver is not shaving.

Back