What time do you get up in the mornings?

my2leftfeet

Just wondering about the average getting out of bed time for AAMers - particulary those commuting to work. Note - I'm not talking about the time you set your alarm for - the actual time you get out of bed!
Our house - 2 adults one creche going child. I get up c. 7.00am - partner 7.15/7.30am. We take turns to get child ready and drop at creche.

I get up at 7.50-ish, usually out the door at 8 or bit after.

I usually get up about 8:00 - 8:10 and leave for work about 8:50 only live down the road which is handy

We leave the house at 8.15 but getting up depends on when the kids call us.
Ususally wake at 6.30 but lie there like the lazy sod I am until called by the kids.
My commute is anything from 45 mins to 90 mins depending on traffic.

Up at 6.30am most morning, spend some time trying to dress a wriggly 19 month old, have some munchies and hit the road by about 7.30am, arrive at work at 7.50am and get some work before anyone else arrives!

Get up at 7:45 and out the door for 8, in work at 8:45....

Don't know how ye parents manage to get kids ready in the mornings, I can barely dress myself at that hour, not to mention wriggling kids :)

This morning was a NIGHTMARE to get up....back to work after the hols why oh why do they go so fast??

Agree on the nightmare front this morning - child was allowed to bring toys to creche - which is usually a total no no - just to get her out of the house. I felt sorrier for her going back than I did for us! But sure by the end of the week we'll all be back to normal - I hope!

Up at 6am.....out of house by 6.45............eat breakfast in car on way to work!!
Especially difficult to get out of be this morning...

7:00 am - get up
7:05 kettle on
7:06 remove last night's wash from machine and put out to dry
7:15 empty dishwasher, fire in dishes left from last night
7:20 make coffee
7:21 take milk/bread/meat out of freezer for the evening
7:22 check older child is up/dressing and get snarly response!
7:25 brush/wash/dress myself
7:30 check younger child is up/dressing and get snarly response!
7:30-7:45 respond to various requests for school money, homework signatures, where's my tie/school bag/hockey stick? whilst still dressing/washing myself
7:45 shoo grumpy older child out the door with threats of missed buses
7:50 fire bag, laptop, lunch into car, kiss younger child goodbye (with warnings not to miss the bus) and leave home.
7:51 drive to work like a maniac
8:00 arrive at desk vowing to get up earlier tomorrow!
8:15 ring home and telephonically shoo younger child out of house to get the school bus.

SteelBlue05 said:
I get up at 7.50-ish, usually out the door at 8 or bit after.

I would love to be able to shower/shave/dress/etc in 10 minutes..........

Out of bed 6:05, out the door by 6:30 after the 4s's & have cereal & coffee at work

Up between 7.30-7.45. Out at 8.30 and in work about 8.55 - i'm in earlier when the schools are off as i get caught in the traffic. Beautiful drive through countryside to work which helps cure the morning blues.

Alarm set for 7.30. Out of bed for 8.30 rush around for a few minutes and down into work before 9. Benefits of living near job.

I seen a good piece on paramount one night by Ed Byrne about how we plan our mornings the night before with military precision. Up at 7. Shower-10 mins. Breakfast 10 mins etc etc.
But when morning comes it all changes. All of a sudden we can do without the shower til 2moro. Breakfast gets numbed down to a cup of tea/coffee. Housework can wait til later and we end up late for work. Happened me the morning after seeing his sketch.

Hi, Personally, I get up when I feel like it. I'm retired. By the way, judging by the time of all your postings, do any of you work?. Ha Ha!!

Cast your mind back frando - remember the nightmare of going back to work after Christmas break?! I'd say most of us are here today in body only! I don't usually clock watch but believe me - today I can't wait to get out of here.

Oh gawd..the thought of going to work without a shower would kill me...
Get up 6.30. Shower, wash hair,...15-20 minutes to blow dry hair... put face on (5 mins!) (unless its raining, no point washing and blowdrying hair)...out the door by 7.30, walk to work (35 mins)...U guys have it easy!!

up at 5.45am, shower and dress. In car at 6.35 and on train at 6.50am - in work for 8am, breakfast in canteen and at desk at 8.30. Must win lotto, must win lotto, must win lotto...

This morning, up at 7.30 after lying in bed with 22mth old for a half an hour having cuddles watching Postman Pat. He woke at 7am. Husband in shower at this point. I jumped in shower at 7.35, hubby downstairs ironing whilst making me cuppa, 22 mth old wandering in and out of bathroom while Im in shower, throwing various items down the toilet, into shower on top of me or down the stairs. Am dressed by 8, hubby out the door while Im doing face and changing babys bum at same time (!!). Baby decides to empty his carry bag which is packed for the childminders. Into car with baba and me at 8.15 and then off to Childminders for which we arrive at 8.30. I spent 10 mins talking to her and then head off at 8.40 for work, arrive at 8.55 having gotten a coffee in next door shop.
pHEW!!!

Back