What Sunday paper do you read?

Shawady

The only day I buy a paper is Sunday. I normally get the Sunday Times but I think the quality has deteriorated recently.
What newspapers to do other AAMers read?

The Tribune - about the only non-tabloid competitor to the Sindo which I detest. The Sunday Times contains about 4 times more paper than I'm prepared to flick through.

The Tribune - about the only non-tabloid competitor to the Sindo which I detest. The Sunday Times contains about 4 times more paper than I'm prepared to flick through.

I used to get the Tribune, and then we got the Sunday Times as well, cos herself likes the magazines. So then I dropped the Tribune. We get The Observer once a month too, for the Food Monthly magazine.

plus Irish Times Monday (sport), Friday (business) and Saturday.

Sunday Times & Irish Times delivered to home.

.. the Sindo which I detest

+1 ;)

I rotate between the The Times, The Tribune and The SBP - depending on the front page.

I am sometimes guilty of buying the Daily Mail at the weekend for the mag and tv listings - well that's my excuse anyway and I'm sticking to it.

Sunday Times and SBP. Tribune from time to time. Observer once a month (Sport)

Sunday Times usually, Tribune if no Sunday Times left. Same as others, I only buy on Sunday these days and refuse to buy the Sindo.

I think none of them are worth it. The Sunday Times is very UK oriented after the first couple of pages in each section - I also don't like that a small forest is destroyed to manufacture it.

I'm going to buck the trend. I buy the Sunday Times for general reading, the Mail on Sunday and the Sunday world for crime. I know.....

I'll occasionally buy the Sunday Business Post but I stopped buying newspapers on a regular basis years ago once they all became readily available online. I used to buy the Observer on a Sunday especially when they published the fantastic Observer Sport Monthly magazine. Wish I'd hung onto them but they're all archived on the website.

I read the Tribune and sometimes the Sunday Times or the Sunday Observer. Apart from the SBP most of the other Sunday papers are rags.

If I stopped buying papers there would be plenty more forests in Ireland.
I buy the 4 main papers on Sunday. The Sunday Independent, Tribune, SBP and Sunday Times. I keep saying I will stop buying the Indo but its like listening to the Joe Duffy Show, I cant help myself. Although I do like Shane Ross in it.
As I am from Cork I buy the Echo most evenings even though its rubbish. Its good for local sport but that is about it. However, tradition ensures I buy it.
I get The Examiner on Saturdays for the local property section.
I get the Indo for the business on Thursdays and I buy the occassional English paper at the weekends.

From a magazine perspective I buy loads. The Phoenix every two weeks, Business Plus and Business & Finance every month. Village whenever it comes out (I think its quarterly now) as well as sports magazines like WSC which isn't dominated by the Premiership.
I also get history mags (Irish & English) and a coin collectors and football programme magazines....

But hey, I enjoy um..

If I stopped buying papers there would be plenty more forests in Ireland.
I buy the 4 main papers on Sunday. The Sunday Independent, Tribune, SBP and Sunday Times. I keep saying I will stop buying the Indo but its like listening to the Joe Duffy Show, I cant help myself. Although I do like Shane Ross in it.
As I am from Cork I buy the Echo most evenings even though its rubbish. Its good for local sport but that is about it. However, tradition ensures I buy it.
I get The Examiner on Saturdays for the local property section.
I get the Indo for the business on Thursdays and I buy the occassional English paper at the weekends.

From a magazine perspective I buy loads. The Phoenix every two weeks, Business Plus and Business & Finance every month. Village whenever it comes out (I think its quarterly now) as well as sports magazines like WSC which isn't dominated by the Premiership.
I also get history mags (Irish & English) and a coin collectors and football programme magazines....

But hey, I enjoy um..

I'm a company director - can you please send me the receipts ;)

I stopped buying any newspapers about 2 years ago and don't miss them one bit.

I'll occasionally buy the Sunday Business Post but I stopped buying newspapers on a regular basis years ago once they all became readily available online. I used to buy the Observer on a Sunday especially when they published the fantastic Observer Sport Monthly magazine. Wish I'd hung onto them but they're all archived on the website.

I'm sorry ivuernis, but what the hell is going on with your post count?

You've been around here since 1978 and were stuck on 20 odd for some reason and now 36, but yet you can still post in the depths?!

A mystery older than the absence of ClubMan...

A mystery older than the absence of ClubMan...

A mystery indeed. If you look up Clubman on the members list, the date of his last post is shown as N/A and there are around 10 contributors with a similar listing, including CCOVICH. All of their user names begin with the letter C.

What's going on?

I only buy the Saturday Indo and it takes me several days just to read it. I get around to the Weekend Review supplement by Wednesday. No real interest in newspapers anymore.

SBP every week and one other , sometimes, depending on the "over the fold headlines". tabloids, never.

Times and Tribune on a Sunday, Sunday Indo isn't really a newspaper and I really have no interest in what Brendan O'Connor has been up to. SBP is a good read for business, but on a Sunday I really want to switch off, especially with all the doom and gloom

Get De Paper on a Monday, Friday and Sat and IT for the rest of the week. Been known to buy the Daily Telegraph on a Saturday from time to time, tons of reading in it. Local weekly is a must, if only for the entertaining court cases and sports

I have too many magazine subscriptions from the US where mostly they are very cheap, Sports Illustrated is a must, as is The Atlantic and The Smithsonian, also Nat Geographic. Tend to be in London twice to three time s a month so stock up on cooking and history ones over there, actually can't remember the last time I bought a magazine in Ireland.

Back