WHat should they call this monday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

z106

They called last monday fortnight 'meltdown monday'

Seeing as todays losses have been far worse on the iseq (Is today the worst one day drop ever in fact?), what should they call this monday?

(Note : For any good suggestions that are not selected for this monday, rest assured that they will probably have a chance in coming mondays given how things are going.)

Ya. Blue monday is disappointing alright.

Given that black monday in 1987 only resulted in a drop of 8.8%, they really shoudl have come up with something better.

Either that or else they possibly rushed into 'Black monday' too early back in '87.
Maybe they should have been a bit more cautious with that term originally.

I think they should call today 'Really black Monday'

Maybe we should start a campaign to get mondays taken off the calendar altogether and just jump straight to tuesdays after the weekend.

Maybe sneak it into the new lisbon treaty or something ?
Sure - no one reads that document anyway so it will be too late by the time people realise monday is gone.

It certainly couldn't harm things you'd imagine?

Why not go the way of soap powders and say 'original black Monday'. Now, I know it's not original but neither is the soap powder. Gives a feeling of gravitas and authenticity.

Does anyone here remember back in the good ol' days when you would put your pension into equities - the idea being that upon retirement it would be worth more than what you put into it?

Ah yes - they were the good ol' days !

'My Yacht is now a Rowboat Monday'

That's gotta be a contender!!

Talking about pensions, Irish life down 15 % . . my poor pension

I don't like Mondays.

Does anyone here remember back in the good ol' days when you would put your pension into equities - the idea being that upon retirement it would be worth more than what you put into it?

Ah yes - they were the good ol' days !

And if you are those very fortunate people on a defined benefit pension, the good ol' days are still going strong!

Imagine the holes that will now start appearing on balance sheets for unfunded pension liabilities for these schemes. Not even going to mention our own public sector pension bill.

What's a defined benefit pension?

Instead of getting a return on the contributions you made, you are guaranteed a definite proportion of your final salary - as in defined benefits

It is a hugely valuable pension to have.

mf

Very very black Monday.

My God what a day - I'm still reeling.

What will tomorrow hold?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back