What should I charge?

• Thread starter The Snork Maiden
  • Start date
T

The Snork Maiden

Hi All,

I am wondering what the average charge per hour for a newly qualified ACCA accountant with approx five years experience.

My current employer wants me to take on an additional temporary project with a new off site division and for me to invoice him for the work.

It involves a total analysis of this new division (both Financial and managerial) and to put in place correct procedures and best practice in order for the division to be able to run autonomously.

Any suggestions what I should 'charge' per hour of work as I do not want to pitch too high or too low....

Any feedback welcome,
SNorkie

Why does your employer want you to do work in this manner ?

You are already on his books as an employee presumably, so what extra does he get (presumably some form of consulting fees or something) out of this arrangement ? You need to ensure that this arrangement isn't solely contrived to get him out of some obligation or bind.

If this is working on your own account then you will probably have to consider extras like professional indemnity insurance and so on, so it may not be trivial.

z

Before I re-read your post, I was about to suggest that you have a chat with an accountant!

Back