What pension or PRSA would best suit me?

moondance

Any feedback appreciated.

I'm 27, I'm a director (with 20% share) of a small limited company (3 employees). I earn around 36K gross. I am paying a mortgage so I don't want to pay any more than 50-100 per week into a pension. What would be the best product for me? I intend to work until I'm 65 and my wages should rise 5-10% per annum.

Should I talk to an independent financial advisor, company accountant or individual pension providers? We don't have any pension schemes running in our company.

Also can I make pension contributions manually using online banking or does it have to be automated by the company payroll system for tax purposes?

I have yes but find it confusing. I just want someone to tell me what's the best type of pension based on my particular circumstances. The info there is all general and based mainly on regular paye workers, not company directors. I have looked at the list of providers and emailed a good few of them my details to see what they recommend and I'm waiting to hear back.

As a director you might be able to get some advice from your accountant? The pension needs of and options available to a director could well be different to those of a PAYE worker. You could also try discount brokers such as:

[broken link removed]
www.prsas.ie
www.labrokers.ie

And there are probably more... You may need to go to them on an advisory rather than execution only basis since you don't already know or have a good idea of what you need/want.

Back