What % of income goes on mortgage?

R

rrfgvdsfsd

I'm curious, Is it possible to live relatively comfortably with 50% of an income of €3,000 per month going on mortgage repayments?
And how much extra would I be likely to take in if I rented out my second bedroom in an apartment?
What % of your income goes on mortgage?
Whats the recomended amount?
Thanks

Is it possible to live relatively comfortably with 50% of an income of €3,000 per month

Net income as opposed to gross I presume?

Whats the recomended amount?

I've heard the rule of thumb of c. 30-40% of disposable income mentioned in the past but I don't know how meaningful this is given how differently people live (see and for example).

Plenty of people live on less than €1,500 per month after the mortgage. So you shouldn't have any problems there unless you aren't telling us something like having other debts or major expsenses.

I think €350 is what you could hope for the rent a room scheme assuming you're not in the sticks and don't have trouble finding someone to rent it.

Perhaps you should be asking yourself how stable your income is likely to be and what potential exists for boosting your income. 50% seems like a huge proportion to me although if you can do the rent a room thing that improves it to 38% of income.

Back