What next? Selling/buying is driving me mental

Many congratulations on the big news - things obviously move quicker out in the sticks....

The real trick now is to ensure that your lower mortgage payments don't translate into an improvement in your financial position - me, I find that trips to home improvement stores and the costly but utterly unproductive projects which such trips spark off usually more than account for any savings.

Failing that - there's always wine.

Hope you'll be very happy in your new home- so is it the ideal home you wanted? Or have you improvements planned?

Have to laugh at Oysterman- 'failing that theres always wine'- so true!

Thanks guys. It's pretty much my ideal home. Any work I'll be doing is optional but that won't stop me, no sirreee. After five years of not having a ha'penny and having built up my equity in my house, I fully intend to go mad :)

Mind you, I'm not in yet, so I hope the wheels don't come off, but I'm fairly sure it'll all be grand.

Does anyone know of a checklist or similar of things I should be doing when moving re phonelines, redirecting post and that kinda thing? I've thought of a few myself but I might as well be organised.

Thanks
Rebecca

Any chance you'd give us a notion of how far under asking that you got the house for?
I was in a similar stand off with a vendor who held out for asking for months. Ultimately I decided I wanted it too much and gave him the asking. CLosing next week.

Thanks stobear

Hi unregistered - I bought 20K under the asking price and I sold 20K under the asking price. This is the sticks though and the asking prices tend to be the very best case scenario, so completely different to Dublin. I have seen a house locally for example, with an asking price of €300K which I thought was way high which I mentioned to the estate agent when talking about another place and was told "Arah don't mind that, we've an offer for 220K and it'll probably all finish up in the middle at €250K". That was a real eye opener for me. I don't know why they do it; but maybe it's because of the growing numbers of people relocating from elsewhere in Ireland and in the UK with different conventions and they try to make hay. Or maybe because it is more like the wheeling and dealing that goes on here with cattle and land and the non-farmer types don't know the rules of the game so well. But that's just guessing really.

Rebecca

Back